Quantcast

UFOs?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Stick

Reaction score
MichaelM":x7dvqf3v said:
Stick":x7dvqf3v said:
It has been suggested that, as a crude approximation, there are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on our planet.  If each of these stars has just 2 planets in its system, well, that's a lot of planets.  It would be pretty naive to think we were the only planet capable of sustaining intelligent life, and perhaps even more naive to think that we're the more intelligent...  
I very much agree.  But what I can't come to terms with is all the hiding, sneaking about, and abductions.  Why not just drop in and say hello?  As for intelligence, I've yet to hear of an alien carrying a pipe :)
Mike.
Well Mike, that all depends on whether 'they' have chosen to visit us. Assuming that there is 'life out there', with the amount of emmissions that leave this planet every second, they wouldn't need to visit; they can just tune in...

WarlockBob

Reaction score

That's all I'd like to mention, as far as UFO's and extraterrestrial life is concerned.  :tongue: 

MichaelM

Reaction score
Stick":am9jjacp said:
MichaelM":am9jjacp said:
Stick":am9jjacp said:
It has been suggested that, as a crude approximation, there are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on our planet.  If each of these stars has just 2 planets in its system, well, that's a lot of planets.  It would be pretty naive to think we were the only planet capable of sustaining intelligent life, and perhaps even more naive to think that we're the more intelligent...  
I very much agree.  But what I can't come to terms with is all the hiding, sneaking about, and abductions.  Why not just drop in and say hello?  As for intelligence, I've yet to hear of an alien carrying a pipe :)
Mike.
Well Mike, that all depends on whether 'they' have chosen to visit us.  Assuming that there is 'life out there', with the amount of emmissions that leave this planet every second, they wouldn't need to visit; they can just tune in...
Good point Stick.  We do broadcast on many frequencies.

BriarFox

Reaction score
Of course there are other worlds with other life forms. It would be naive to think otherwise due to the vastness of the universe. There are probably worlds with life forms less advanced than us and others that are far more advanced. Due to the distances involved any extraterrestrial life would have to be fairly close to our solar system in order to visit earth. For all we know there could be other life in our solar system. It is amazing that NASA is exploring Mars at this very moment, the photos are magnificent.

We now take a flight across the Atlantic for granted, when not so long ago is seemed to be an insurmountable task. Something else to think about......We now know more about Mars and our moon than what we know about parts of our very oceans. :star: 

flyguy

Reaction score
Time to check to see what yer smokin' in your pipes!
Except Cart... I believe his story completely! :twisted: 

puros_bran

Reaction score
BriarFox":8eee629g said:
Of course there are other worlds with other life forms.  It would be naive to think otherwise due to the vastness of the universe.   There are probably worlds with life forms less advanced than us and others that are far more advanced.  Due to the distances involved any extraterrestrial life would have to be fairly close to our solar system in order to visit earth.  For all we know there could be other life in our solar system.  It is amazing that NASA is exploring Mars at this very moment, the photos are magnificent.

We now take a flight across the Atlantic for granted, when not so long ago is seemed to be an insurmountable task.  Something else to think about......We now know more about Mars and our moon than what we know about parts of our very oceans. :star: 
We need a "Like" button.

alandadp

Reaction score
Stick":vjocg695 said:
with the amount of emmissions that leave this planet every second, they wouldn't need to visit; they can just tune in...
And, if they've got any sense, they'll stay well away  :)

CACooper

Reaction score
Around 1979 or so I witnessed these craft slowly flying silently in the night.  I only saw the lights in the triangle formation, no outline of a craft.  There seemed to be two in locked formation.  I watched them until they disappeared from view over the horizon.  

<a href=
" />

Haven't seen anything like them since, but others have reported observing triangular craft.  Most recently the Marines in Afghanistan.

<a href=
" />

Alien?  Military?  Who knows.  I just know what I saw.

CACooper