ULRIK Morta Chubby Reverse Calabash

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofafeather

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Just lit up a pipe that is several firsts for me. First Morta, first reverse calabash, first chubby billiard nose-warmer and first Ulrik. So far, I’m pleased on all counts. Fine craftsmanship, great look and feel and a fine smoke so far with GH BB#2. Purchased the pipe new on eBay from Italy. Will let you know how the smoke plays out.

Cheers,
Eric

8abe9410.jpg

Nice looking morta for sure. Looks like it would be a great smoker.

Just finished my 3rd bowl in this beauty and I think I’m starting to get a handle on it. For consistency I stuck with GH BB#2. I’m enjoying this pipe. I like the shape a lot. The Morta is intriguing. I get plenty of flavor but do need to watch my pacing. It does get hot but cools quickly as others have stated in the Morta threads. It is bone dry! Not a hint of a gurgle at any point. Yesterday was quite breezy and I really hate smoking in the wind. I left the flakes as intact as I could (GH tends to shred quite a bit). To my surprise it handled quite well. I had to let it cool a few times but was much more aware of it than my first bowl. Today was calm so I rubbed the flakes out more. Plenty of flavor here and only hints of heat here and there. Overall I’m quite pleased and would recommend Ulrik, Morta and this chubby reverse calabash. I’m guessing the calabash makes a difference on such a short pipe. Don’t really have something to compare it to so can’t say for sure. Next would like to try olive or strawberry wood.