unsmoked will purdy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetrepid

Reaction score
i saw this unsmoked will purdy on line. since purdy makes only 60 pipes per year we don`t see many of his pipes offered, unsmoked or estate. so,i bid on it and was successful! it`s a beautiful and very well made and finished pipe. the pipe looks nice in pictures but seeing it in person reveals an awesome work. bill

Very nice score there! Beautiful piece too. Enhiy it in rude good health.

Jim

An ideal pipe, to my way of thinking--just sublime briar and bit. No exotic extensions, no weird shape deviations, no lime-green stems, etc. And great looking wood. And great lines, lines made by a master. See how the shank tapers slightly? Parallel sides kill that look. See how the transition angle is not 90 degrees, but leans forward slightly? Ninety degrees kills that look and replaces it with dorkiness, a technical term often applied to billiards and pots. See how the stem is just very slightly bent downwards? That adds just enough flair and movement to the overall shape. The pipe looks like a masterpiece of restraint. In short, I like it. Please tell me it's less than five inches long, so that I can stop lusting after it.

Great find! I have one Will Purdy, the famous finned Tadpole - Grade AX, what a pipe!

I don't believe he's carving any longer so you have a rare pipe there that I know you will enjoy!

Lou

Nice pot but I thought Purdey made shotguns! :twisted: :twisted: