Unstable Equilibrium

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taharris

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Every year the Pipe Makers Form does a pipe trade.

This year's theme was a bamboo sitter.

Here is my entry.  Please let me know what you think.

b_140816.jpg

Todd

That's pretty cool Todd. Quite a balancing act.

It takes a lot of skill to whittle a pipe down just right where it will sit on such a small surface. I've got a cutty that balances on the heel, but I believe Todd has achieved a more difficult feat with this bamboo pickaxe! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice look'en pickaxe sir but, somehow I think they meant a real sitter not one with hidden properties.
Call me a skeptic but, we aint going for it Todd. :suspect:

Cartaphilus":yxax9eh7 said:
Nice look'en pickaxe sir but, somehow I think they meant a real sitter not one with hidden properties.
Call me a skeptic but, we aint going for it Todd.  :suspect:
Fine!  I'll just keep it for myself ya old curmudgeon.

(and thanks Ron.  ;) )

Excellent pickaxe, lovely grain and great bamboo shank. It's truly a winner. Well done, and good luck! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Exquisite: [ik-skwiz-it]  adjective
of special beauty or charm, or rare and appealing excellence, as a face, a flower, coloring, music, or poetry.
extraordinarily fine or admirable; consummate:
exquisite weather.
intense; acute, or keen, as pleasure or pain.
of rare excellence of production or execution, as works of art or workmanship:
the exquisite statues of the Renaissance.
keenly or delicately sensitive or responsive:
an exquisite ear for music; an exquisite sensibility.
of particular refinement or elegance, as taste, manners, etc., or persons.
carefully sought out, chosen, ascertained, devised, etc.

I couldn't make up my mind on which definition I should use so take your pick but I think # 4 comes close. As always Todd your work amazes me. Good luck my friend.  :)

AJ

taharris":kbe4jsre said:
Cartaphilus":kbe4jsre said:
AJ, Your such a suck up!
Ron,

You should be taking notes. :p

All,

Thanks for the kind words.
Knowing Ron, you will probably need to drill his next draft hole a little high, before he starts taking notes! :lol:

Cartaphilus":aau1u4u2 said:
AJ, Your such a suck up!
I like Todd's pipes. The two he made for me are my favorites and I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves. If that makes me a suck up so be it. I've been called a lot worse by better.  :)

AJ

I too have two of Todd's pipes and they are both beautifully made and smoke like champs.
Having seen his definition of a 'sitter' though, I think I'll have to be a bit more careful in describing my next commission request :D