Update: Life in DFW

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
Howdy folks.

I know I have barely had a presence here on the forums, and I am truly sorry for that. I miss being part of this board every day. Life has been....
interesting.

Since moving to DFW, I have been sick with the flu, my son has been sick twice, once pretty bad.

The job search has been a nightmare, and almost comical at times. Jobs I met every qualification for, and were even in the field I am experienced in, I wouldn't even get call backs for interviews. My wife hasn't fared any better either.

My grandfather back where I am from had 2 mini strokes about 3 weeks ago, and was given about 3-4 weeks to live. Several trips were made back home to visit him. Thankfully though he seems to have bounced back partially, so we may have him around just a bit longer.

My grandfather here in the DFW area (and one of the reasons we moved up here was to be close to them) spent all last week in ICU and passed away on Friday. This past week has been helping my grandmother deal with everything, and make arrangements for his cremation and funeral.

So yeah, distractions...

Tobacco wise I haven't done a lot.

I have managed to give away quite a bit of tobacco and a few pipes to irl friends and guys on this board. Mostly due to the crazy generosity of people on this very board.

I managed to snag that really cool pipe rack from Kap a few weeks back, and just tonight I picked up a nice Johs bulldog from him as well.

Smoking as been hit or miss due to the cold weather and rain/sleet/snow but I still try for at least once a week.

I made it down to Tobacco Cabana in Ceder Hill, decent little pipe selection. And while there, I got to meet our very own Stapf! We hope to get together soon and share a smoke.

Things are looking up in the job situation though. I'm all but hired on at a company. I actually worked for them before. They called me when they heard I was in the DFW area, and want me for outside sales. The guy who is responsible for hiring me says it's a done deal, and I'm justg waiting on corporate to email me an offer. So that's good.

Anyway, I have rambled enough. I will try to be better about being around. Thanks for all the support you guys have shown. It means a lot to have a bunch off guys you have never met genuinely rooting for you.

Well I guess you've had your hands full to say the least. Glad to hear a job is in the works anyway. Spring and better weather is on the way so hang in there, maybe things will settle down.

Good to hear from you BBG. Sorry to learn of your troubles friend, most especially of your loss. It sound like you're on the up on the job front though....?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DtSTqGiZnMg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Says it all!
Best of Luck.

Adam

See'en you've had your share of downs lets hope you continue on the ups
and life settles down for ya, God's speed sir. ;)

Sounds like you've had your hands full since you moved, and I'm glad things are beginning to change for the better. Dallas is a cruel city to live in so 20 years ago I moved back to Tarrant County where folks are MUCH nicer and not quite as "with it" obsessed as they are over in Dallas County. The longer you live here you realize some of the differences!! :twisted: :twisted: Onward thru the Fog !! :cheers: :twisted:

So sorry to hear of your loss and illnesses. Glad to see things looking up. Wishing you the best of luck and praying for you still.

Was good to meet you. Was very sorry to hear about your loss.

On the job front, at least you didn't have the pressure of having to drive through the ice last week as a new guy at a job. Look at the bright side there.

Tobacco Cabana has moved pipe night to the 2nd Wed of the month. The month it will be the 11th.