Update on Tom

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMacphersonNH":tg29v64k said:
Hi Everyone. Thank you for all your wonderful notes. We are sad to say Tom passed away quietly and peacefully surrounded by his family and his two boys - his cats Braddach and Callum - resting next to him. A private family burial and event will be held in his native island of Skye in Scotland. I want to say how much he enjoyed meeting everyone here on Brothers of Briar. All of Tom's family can't thank you all of you enough for your thoughts, notes, and messages. It meant so much to him.

He will be missed tremendously by so many he touched. Tom asked that we not grieve but rather work each day to approach others with compassion, love, and a desire to learn. He set a standard for all of us that will be hard to maintain, but we look forward to the future with bright, happy (and sad!), and open hearts.

This is likely the last time I will post here and will likely be closing all his accounts. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.  

He did indeed Lori. Tom will be missed by us all here, and was an inspiration to myself and a great many others as he suffered his burden without complaint.

May he rest peacefully in the bosom of the Lord.

Cheers,

RR

I wish we could keep the good ones around forever. My thoughts are surely with the family. Bless them all.

I feel both privileged and truly humbled to have made both Tom's and Lori's acquaintance.

Rest in peace Brother Tom. Bless you and your family Lori.

Out of respect, no more posts from me tonight.

Deeply saddened,

David, 'Stick'.

R.I.P. Brother. I barely got the chance to know you. Our family's prayers are with your family.

I never got the blessing of meeting this man but god bless his sole and tho I never got to meet him it would be cool to start a thread in his name and honor dedicated to everything he stood for compassion kindness and a all around kind place just to post things in the day that make u think of him and things that would make him proud that we are carrying on his name

god bless him and ill pray for his family to be able to heal from such a tragic loss

While I never got to meet Tom personally, I share with others here the admiration for his courage and goodness as he faced his illness. I'm sure he was comforted by the presence of his loved ones.

Tom was a bewilderingly cool dude and I am richer for having known some of him. Thank you Tom, and thank you for letting us know Ms Lori.

Hopefully the Brothers here will join me tomorrow evening, and lift a drink to the memory of Tom, and in honor of Lori for all she has endured.

Fatman":92jlqwst said:
Hopefully the Brothers here will join me tomorrow evening, and lift a drink to the memory of Tom, and in honor of Lori for all she has endured.
Hear! Hear!

Rest well Tom, you will be missed by many. Thank you again Lori for keeping us all updated through everything. Wishing the best for you and your family.

RIP Tom and my sincere condolences to you and your family Lori. Good to know that he was among loved ones and at peace when he left these mortal bonds.

Fatman":346lcs3y said:
I had a pipe in his honour whilst in Pembrokeshire the last few days.

Rest in Peace Tom

A good friend of mine passed away recently and they read a poem called "All is Well" and I wanted to share it with everyone especially Tom's family.

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me and if you want to, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind just because I am out of sight.
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner, I can see you and you can feel me.
When you ride, pegs down for me my love for we are still and will always be together.
All is well.

Lori said his earthly remains would be returned to the Isle of Skye where his clan is from.

I've been on Skye several times and can testify to it's unique rugged and austere beauty. Climbed up a few peaks as well, and the grand views from there are second to none and breathtaking.

I can't think of a better place for our brother Tom to have his eternal resting place on earth. May the pipers play Amazing Grace at his graveside.

Cheers,

RR