Update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
I know Navy Flake is gonna kick my ass for this one, but I had no choice. My gimping butt just finished up the firewood before lake effect hits us later this week. In my defense , firstly I am not the kind of man that will let my family freeze in the winter, secondly I took my time and my son helped me IMMENSELY. Thirdly Ozark fell down a mountain broke bones and was running a chainsaw three days after getting home :twisted: I alas am a hurting man right now, leg isn't going dead as much but it twitches constantly after working in the woods today. It is nobodies fault but mine. It's not easy being a woodsman but damnit it has to be done.

Alex, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. No matter what the world throws at him he has a sense of responsibility and pride. You know your limits.

I salute your industriousness. Now take time for yourself and let the ol' bod heal a bit would ya?!

:eek:

Cheers,

RR

These bodies are not who we are. They are containers we run about in. Yes, yes, we should take care of our vehicles. Your ride is pretty new. You may want to keep it in tune. Mine, well, let's say it's got a few miles on it and has done fine by me.

Try to take time to rest the old rig and be mindful of your frame. You're a bit young yet to be looking for a new VIN number.......

Ozark Wizard":huxti762 said:
These bodies are not who we are. They are containers we run about in. Yes, yes, we should take care of our vehicles. Your ride is pretty new. You may want to keep it in tune. Mine, well, let's say it's got a few miles on it and has done fine by me.

Try to take time to rest the old rig and be mindful of your frame. You're a bit young yet to be looking for a new VIN number.......
Good medicine

oak ypi tell me to listen and to take advise why not ypou go lay down and relax

This getting old shit sucks. On the other hand, good bourbon and rye tastes much better than it did when I was younger. I have a theory about that.

As we age our perception of time changes. When we were kids, 5 minutes lasted forever. Now I am 60, it might take me 5 minutes just to get to the bathroom. And you do not even want to know how long I might be in there.

Well that same thing applies to Bulleit Rye whiskey. Time is passing so quickly that all the nasty stuff that may influence the taste of that whiskey cannot be tasted. The burn some whiskey has happens so quickly it is almost smooth. Where as when I was younger that burn might have been a substantial length of time.

Same thing with the blue sky. When we were kids, with time passing so slowly. Our eyes could absorb the actual deep blue of the sky. Now as we are older, the sky does not appear so blue. Time is passing too quickly for us to "see" it. That's with no cataracts etc.

Besides, we need something to lube our joints, relieve minor aches and pain. An occasional glass for most of us is a benefit.

Just rest up. It drives me crazy when my mind and my heart think I'm still in my 30's, but physically I can't do what I used to do. Now I have to stop and think before I do almost anything that requires any type of physical activity.

Alex,

I have been down the back surgery/dragging an aching leg around path and during that time I was suffering from excruciating sciatic pain due to a blown disc. One of the hardest things for me to accept was that there was shit that I needed to do that I shouldn't be doing, and I had to learn to let it go, and I am OCD as all hell.

Prior to surgery I was still making it to work & still somehow working evenings playing gigs, but I had to get over the fact that I needed to rely on a coworker to lift a box, or for a friend to help me carry some of my heavier equipment to and from the stage.  I am with Navy Flake on this one. Take care of your body, heal up and do not be shy of soliciting friends & family for help. This is your time to be the arm chair general.

At the tender age of 71, I can attest to the fact that while getting old is a PITA; it does beat the alternative!! :p Take care of your bods, boys!! It's got to last you a long time. And that Bulliet 95 Rye whiskey do go down smooth!! Take care, enjoy your families over the Christmas holiday. Heal thyself!! :cheers: FTRPLT