Using canning jars for...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
...storing coffee?

I keep most of my coffee in Zip-Lok containers. Unfortunetly, I can't find them anymore. So I started using my canning jars that I use for tobacco also. Not the same ones, but new ones. I clean, sterilize, and dry them. Then I put my ground coffee in them. This seems to work fine for me. Anyone else store their coffee this way?

Canning jars? You mean tobacco jars, I don't know when people started using them for canning :fpalm:

I don't know why it wouldn't work if the coffee is already ground it would be a nice airtight seal

D.L.Ruth":m8692u6c said:
Canning jars? You mean tobacco jars, I don't know when people started using them for canning :fpalm:

I don't know why it wouldn't work  if the coffee is already ground it would be a nice airtight seal

You just made me feel really old! ;) When I was a kid, my mother used to can all sorts of veggies and fruits in mason jars, aka canning jars. Back then, I didn't know the jars were used for tobacco! :lol:

I save my glass peanut butter jars (I eat a lot of peanut butter) and use them for everything food related, as well as for tobacco. Nothing stays in its plastic bag. I already paid for them, so why not? On rare occasion, the thread strips, but I have spares. I have better luck with them sealing than canning jars. Maybe I'm too stupid to use a canning jar.

You know the weird and spooky thing about a mason jar?  When it sits empty on the counter waiting to be filled it’s a jar.  Once you get the goods inside and the lid screwed on...it’s not ajar!

OOOoooooOOOooooOOOooooo

Photo of actual ghost in mason container...

Blackhorse":q9w4k1ty said:
You know the weird and spooky thing about a mason jar?  When it sits empty on the counter waiting to be filled it’s a jar.  Once you get the goods inside and the lid screwed on...it’s not ajar!

OOOoooooOOOooooOOOooooo
 :fpalm: :fpalm: :fpalm: :fpalm: