VELVET

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoldberg

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, Velvet. I got it in my last P&C order and finally smoked some today. I was surprised how nice it was. Slightly sweet, burned well, not too hot, no tongue bite.

In my effort to find a cheap "daily burner," this is the first contender.

Anyone else like Velvet?

If you enjoy the burley based Velvet...try Sir Walter Raleigh (non-aromatic), and Prince Albert...they are my daily smokes.
Only problem is...
I cant get them here...
Soooo, I demand that any visitors from the States have a tax to pay...they carry a couple of tins for me...of course, I pay for them and have them shipped to their homes for transport to me

Last edited:
Soooo, I demand that any visitors from the States have a tax to pay...they carry a couple of tins for me...
I used to be a big golfer, and in high school for an assignment, I planned a trip to Scotland with the courses I wanted to play and where I'd stay, the big links courses. That was a long time ago. If I still played golf though, I would happily smuggle American tobacco for a fellow BoB. I know you play guitar, but do you play golf?

I used to be a big golfer, and in high school for an assignment, I planned a trip to Scotland with the courses I wanted to play and where I'd stay, the big links courses. That was a long time ago. If I still played golf though, I would happily smuggle American tobacco for a fellow BoB. I know you play guitar, but do you play golf?
They way I played golf, it was easy to quit.

Velvet, and Half and Half give me terrible tongue bite. I love their taste and aroma but it can't get past the bite. It doesn't matter how I load the pipe or if I use filters or not and it doesn't matter what pipe I use. I think it's something in the casing or topping that isn't agreeing with me.

What is a codger blend?
Also known as Drug Store blends, or OTC (Over the Counter), i.e. Carter-Hall, Borkum Riff, Captain Black, Prince Albert, etc. I remember when I was a kid, there was always one checkstand in the grocery store that had all the pipe tobaccos instead of gum and lifesavers. I used to grab a pack and sniff, lol. They had pipes there too, cheap ones.

Also known as Drug Store blends, or OTC (Over the Counter), i.e. Carter-Hall, Borkum Riff, Captain Black, Prince Albert, etc. I remember when I was a kid, there was always one checkstand in the grocery store that had all the pipe tobaccos instead of gum and lifesavers. I used to grab a pack and sniff, lol. They had pipes there too, cheap ones.
My holy grail of Codger Blends.....Sir Walter Raleigh...

Attachments

• SWR Pouch.jpg
    SWR Pouch.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • SWR Can.jpg
    SWR Can.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0