Veterans Day 2014...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterD

Reaction score
Tomorrow is Veterans Day...Sincere Thanks to all those who served, and continue to serve this nation...and to all those who have fallen and their families, a special debt of gratitude for that sacrifice...

This vid is pretty inspiring in view of the event -

https://www.youtube.com/v/AgYLr_LfhLo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

american-flag.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Salute-to-our-veterans-Logo.jpg" style="width: 480px;height: 480px

My deepest respect goes to Armed Forces Personnel and Firefighters! Tomorrow it goes to Veterans! I''m only a civilian, but my highest salute to you, defending our country and our right to smoke pipes !

Happy Veteran's day to all who have served! Remember to thank a vet for their service and all brothers and sisters who are veterans, thank you!

For the original meaning around the world, I can only say:

poppy.jpg
:(

For the current American version, thank you veterans

Thank you Vets for keeping us safe in many ways. And let's all raise a bowl today to the memory of so many that gave their lives so that we could keep ours.

Thank you to all our veterans who have kept us safe and served our country faithfully. It will always be appreciated! :D

Yes, thanks to all who served (and serve today).

If you all didn't do what you do, none of us would be able to do what we do.

To my fellow service members, past, present,and future, I say "Thank you for your service and sacrifice." Without the selfless acts of all of our service personnel this Country wouldn't be the great place that it is. And to all my brothers and sisters here on BoB, thank you for remembering the sacrifice of so many veterans.

A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Thank you.

My sincerest Thank You to all who have served in our Armed Forces and to those currently serving.

I would just like to wish all my brethren in arms past and present a happy veterans day.

Thirty years ago this month I was sworn into the United States Army by my Dad - Colonel Neil D. Macpherson of the 368th Combat Engineer Battalion. Happy Veterans Day to all those who are serving or did serve. Also a special thanks to all of those who stayed back to raise the kids, pay the bills, and wait each long day for that letter from the front. As a kid who sat around the fire or radio each Sunday and listened to me Mum read such a letter from my Dad 8,000 miles away, a special thanks to their service to our (adopted) country.

made out like bandit today.

breakfast, unlimited pancakes at Bob Evans.
lunch, pick-2 at Panera
dinner, combo-3 at Max and Erma's.
snack, free scoop at Whit's.

Bullwinkle":8t3newip said:
made out like bandit today.

breakfast, unlimited pancakes at Bob Evans.
lunch, pick-2 at Panera
dinner, combo-3 at Max and Erma's.
snack, free scoop at Whit's.
Me too, Bullwinkle.

Free coffee at Starbucks (and they gave my wife one too)! Then a steak at Applebees on Applebees and had the pleasure of running into a ww2 vet who gave me a wooden plaque that he made because I served, amazing! Proves there are great ppl out there!

God bless America. You wouldn't see that sort of support here in the UK...

Bag pipes on the lawn of Old Main yesterday by the Veteran's Plaza. I cried silently as I walked downtown, their sad song floated among the elms. Thank you, thank you so much.