Veteran's Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You to everyone who served!

Today is 100 years since the end of the Great War. 11:11 on 11/11/1918

Attended a Remembrance Parade yesterday. Apart from undertaking some reflection and paying of respects, it's a nice opportunity for the once-a-year wearing of my gongs and to reconnect with some old chums.

The Beeb did a brilliant job with the Royal British Legion this year, marking the Centenary. Rousing, moving, impressive.  If anyone has 1hr 45 to spare for some very moving viewing, this is worth a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIEQakyZtdI

Certainly made one proud to have served.

I played a benefit gig for vets with my new band yesterday at a big outdoor celebration. All the money collected was donated to an organization that raised funds for guide dogs for vets that needed them.

All of the vendors as well as ourselves donated their time. It went great and I had big fun as a new member of this band as it was the first time I've performed in too many years. This band has done this gig for 5 years running and play many benefit shows. I'm quite happy with this arrangement.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":n8qtv1s1 said:
I played a benefit gig for vets with my new band yesterday at a big outdoor celebration. All the money collected was donated to an organization that raised funds for guide dogs for vets that needed them.

All of the vendors as well as ourselves donated their time. It went great and I had big fun as a new member of this band as it was the first time I've performed in too many years. This band has done this gig for 5 years running and play many benefit shows. I'm quite happy with this arrangement.

Cheers,

RR
Superb, Rande. Great cause and good to see you're following your calling by being back with a band.

Cheers,

Stick.