Vets Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Hey…if you’re a Veteran and reading this you made it back alive. Thank God. And thank YOU for your blood, swear & tears. No one said it would be easy…we know you didn’t expect it to be. There are some out there that don’t give a damn…but we do. And if you’re someone that lost a loved one that served you have our sincere condolences.

I apologize for being MIA yesterday! WX here turned wet and cold; didn't leave the house!! This year, 2022, is a bit special for me as it is another of those "50th anniversary" years! I spent all of 1972 and January 1973 in Thailand, flying out of Korat RTAFB. Hard to believe it's been 50 years!! Yesterday I spent a great deal of thought on my fellow warriors who didn't make it home alive. I left the States with 11 other airmen. Only five of us came home; plus numerous other heroes who died during this timeframe. I miss'em all!! FTRPLT

I apologize for being MIA yesterday! WX here turned wet and cold; didn't leave the house!! This year, 2022, is a bit special for me as it is another of those "50th anniversary" years! I spent all of 1972 and January 1973 in Thailand, flying out of Korat RTAFB. Hard to believe it's been 50 years!! Yesterday I spent a great deal of thought on my fellow warriors who didn't make it home alive. I left the States with 11 other airmen. Only five of us came home; plus numerous other heroes who died during this timeframe. I miss'em all!! FTRPLT
I spent most of the years 1970-72 in Berlin watching the bear across the Wall. Luckily, I never heard a shot fired in anger or pulled a trigger on anyone. You would have approved of my work, sir, since most of it was dedicated to ELINT. Not knowing what kind of plane you flew in or where you flew, it would be interesting to compare notes. I'm sure that, if you flew over N VN, you would have recognized most of the systems we looked at in the DDR. I know what you mean about missing the people you flew with, since I've lost some of my fellow spooks over the years as well. I'm still in touch with a small number of them scattered here and there across the US. A salute to you, sir, and all those who faced the real dangers of combat.