videos to recommend and watch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I'm not Jewish, nor do I have a fascination with Jewish culture. It's a coincidence that I start this thread with two Jewish videos.

I'm not a good traveler. While I know things like this are no substitute for being there, they aren't without value. I find these relaxing and can easily fall asleep to them.

"Night walk in the city of Jerusalem. The beautiful streets of the city. The shops are open and there are a lot of people outside."

This youtuber has a very good series about Hasidic Judaism. This is only one of them. I think it is particularly great that the community itself is happy he's doing this.

In the first video, I wonder what kind camera dolly the photographer was using? If he tried that at night in Mpls. someone would have snatched his camera during the first 10 minutes.

In the first video, I wonder what kind camera dolly the photographer was using? If he tried that at night in Mpls. someone would have snatched his camera during the first 10 minutes.
They have very nice cameras these days that are quite small and handheld steadicams that aren't much bigger than a small flashlight, all weighing less than a pound. Even the nicer GoPros have gimbals (stabilizers) built into them, and they're smaller than a stick of butter cut in half and the two halves laying next to each other.

EDIT: those handheld gimbals are like $20 or something, and the cameras a lot of youtubers use are minus $500. Heck, I think even the new smart phones have miniature gimbals built into them.

Last edited:
The last video camera I used:RCA TK76
tk76-315s850.jpg

For a Steady Cam:
Yeah, that isn't anything like what they're using these days, especially on youtube. Generally, a camera smaller than what an old 35mm was sized, an additional microphone that is about the size of a conical hot dog, and a handheld gimbal device about 8"s long. Less than 2LBs and probably not much more than a single LB, all being able to fit into a fanny pack. I also see them use their adjustable tripod because the cameras themselves now have built-in gimbals.
https://mk0topgimbalsu4mpxnc.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/ikan-MS1-rock.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d8o21dmcvag/maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, that isn't anything like what they're using these days, especially on youtube. Generally, a camera smaller than what an old 35mm was sized, an additional microphone that is about the size of a conical hot dog, and a handheld gimbal device about 8"s long. Less than 2LBs and probably not much more than a single LB, all being able to fit into a fanny pack. I also see them use their adjustable tripod because the cameras themselves now have built-in gimbals.
https://mk0topgimbalsu4mpxnc.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/ikan-MS1-rock.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d8o21dmcvag/maxresdefault.jpg
If I knew that I'd really use it, I'd buy the gear and use it with my grandchildren

And now for something completely different. Try this for size. I don't know exactly where they dance like this but I'd consider adding a trip to my bucket list.
I don't think that is Vietnamese, but that's what it reminds of in some ways. Ah, they call it belly dance fusion, and it appears to be the unique making of Kira Lebedeva, aka Habibi Lal. She tours all over the world.

I don't think that is Vietnamese, but that's what it reminds of in some ways. Ah, they call it belly dance fusion, and it appears to be the unique making of Kira Lebedeva, aka Habibi Lal. She tours all over the world.
Yeah, I didn’t get Vietnamese out of it either. I was going more toward Balinese but the one of a kind creation makes more sense. Certainly is beautiful.

OK…yet another volcano vid. This was taken yesterday by drone. Gotta love dem drones. I think this might be the most amazing so far. You can see the entire valley floor at one point…black crusted lava…and you can tell that the crust is just floating on top of a literal sea of molten lava. Then there’s the cauldron splashing over the sides and swilling up and down…not to mention the rivers of swift flowing lava. Wow!