Quantcast

Vietnam War pipe pic

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

LL

Reaction score
An email exchange with a customer resulted in him sending me the following picture. It was a conversational toss-off in his mind, but I found it remarkable. Since there are several military/police/fire types here on BoB, and reminiscences common, I asked him if I could share it with you. He said no problem.

A contemplative young soldier smoking a pristine Talon meer in a hot war zone... what an amazing mix of cultural, political, and psychological contradictions, no?

regor

Reaction score
Thats a darn nice picture!!!. It does ccatch a feww differant emotions among other things. Thanks :sunny: :sunny: :cyclops:

ftrplt

Reaction score
I never had to live in the environment where this young (weren't we all?) soldier is sitting; but the quiet contemplation, while smoking one's pipe, is the same. FTRPLT

bronxbill

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture LL; it brought back a lot of memories. I started smoking a pipe while a Marine 0311 in Viet Nam; it gave me some peaceful moments in a not so peaceful place.

JT

Reaction score
Definitely an interesting and thought-provoking pic, LL.... thanks for posting it.

I was an occasional pipe smoker at that time, myself, and spent a fair amount of time transfixed in contemplative mind-travels. A couple of decades later, I came to realize that I could retain a greater number of those thoughts when my pipe was filled with tobacco.... improved the room note tremendously, and no more orange Cheetos stains on my fingers.

Tony Ferrill

Reaction score
Right the f#@$ on.His facial expression says it all......I was recon in peacetime;this guy saw what we prayed for.
Glad to be 48.Couldn't,WOULDN'T do it again.Respectfully,Tony

BubbaL002

Reaction score
thanks for that pic LL. I now have it as my wallpaper. Makes me force myself to relaxe and take time to appreciate the good things in life, even amongst the chaos.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Wonder what he smoked? An American Burley classic? Dunhill? The Sobranie?