Vietnam War pipe pic

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
An email exchange with a customer resulted in him sending me the following picture. It was a conversational toss-off in his mind, but I found it remarkable. Since there are several military/police/fire types here on BoB, and reminiscences common, I asked him if I could share it with you. He said no problem.

A contemplative young soldier smoking a pristine Talon meer in a hot war zone... what an amazing mix of cultural, political, and psychological contradictions, no?

Thats a darn nice picture!!!. It does ccatch a feww differant emotions among other things. Thanks :sunny: :sunny: :cyclops:

I never had to live in the environment where this young (weren't we all?) soldier is sitting; but the quiet contemplation, while smoking one's pipe, is the same. FTRPLT

Thanks for the picture LL; it brought back a lot of memories. I started smoking a pipe while a Marine 0311 in Viet Nam; it gave me some peaceful moments in a not so peaceful place.

Definitely an interesting and thought-provoking pic, LL.... thanks for posting it.

I was an occasional pipe smoker at that time, myself, and spent a fair amount of time transfixed in contemplative mind-travels. A couple of decades later, I came to realize that I could retain a greater number of those thoughts when my pipe was filled with tobacco.... improved the room note tremendously, and no more orange Cheetos stains on my fingers.

Right the f#@$ on.His facial expression says it all......I was recon in peacetime;this guy saw what we prayed for.
Glad to be 48.Couldn't,WOULDN'T do it again.Respectfully,Tony

thanks for that pic LL. I now have it as my wallpaper. Makes me force myself to relaxe and take time to appreciate the good things in life, even amongst the chaos.

Wonder what he smoked? An American Burley classic? Dunhill? The Sobranie?