Vintage Chic Cigar, LLC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
I usually don't do this sort of thing but I recently I purchased some cigar accessories from these guys off of eBay. The transaction was great. Top notch customer service and communication. I even asked for a special color on some of the items in a package deal and they supplied it.

I then went to their site and looked around, ended up joining their monthly cigar club. Again, great communication and personal attention. Emailed me and thanked me for the return service. These are the kind of vendors I just love doing business with.

They are here in Washington and being a heavily taxed state I'm sure it's not easy staying competitive with their tobacco products but you won't find better prices on their accessories. Either way I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for that level of service.

http://vintagechiccigar.com/store/

Check them out if you get the chance.

Jason,

Looks solid. You may aslo want to check out a few of the cigar auction sites out there. Great stuff if you know what you want, and if you don't there are those who can help you out. depending on your smoking profile, there could be some stuff you would really get at a bargain...quality too.

shoot me a PM when you get a chance, I can out together a nice sampler for you. It'd be my pleasure.

Thanks Davey, I'm still working on the sampler your brother sent me. Hell it was more of a collection than a sampler. :lol: Now that I got my feet wet I don't mind just shopping around.

On Saturday I smoked that Gurkha Regent, that was a damn fine smoke. Thanks again Lucky!

As to my initial post, I was just really impressed with level of service they had. Good to see such personable people working in the cigar world.

Glad you ejoyed the regent. One of my top 5 sticks. Yes, it's really good to hear there are palces that make you feel special...better than feeling the sting of a branding iron!

as p.s. do you have a humi Jason?

Well I have two small one's now. When I got Lucky's package I made a little tupperdor but I got a ten stick cigar caddy in one deal from Vintage, then when I signed up for their monthly club they sent me another 8 stick cedar one for free.

If I continue I may pick up a decent 50-100 stick one but I'm thinking that would be about it. I need the rest of my money for pipes! :lol:

I hope you don't mind if I interject here, but in my opinion a cheaper way of going at it instead of buying a humidor would be to make a cooler-dor. It works just as well and is very simple to make.

No problem at all. From what I've read they do look like the practical way to go. Not sure who brought it up but it is a valid point, the only thing they lack is cool factor. I don't foresee me storing large numbers of cigars right now but if I ever do the bulk will go in coolerdors.

Jason,

Glad to hear you liked the Regent. I would take Davey up on his offer. He would send you a selection that would definately help you decide on what cigars are out there, that you could invest in. Besides, free cigars are awesome! :cheers:

As for the site you found, looks pretty good. Customer service is key to a lot of these online places simply because the compitition is huge! Nice to hear of another site doing things right!

Lucky

I carried cigars in the truck for over a year in one of those sixpack coolers. I tossed in a couple drymistat some cedar box spacers and away I went. Worked real nice, held about 70-80 robusto and cost less than 30 bucks for everything.

Coolness factor was pullin out a big ole fat CAO Gol. :D

I was looking for a supplier for Crown David Exquisitos with the Double Capa wrapper. The Crown David website doesn't list any web retailers so I did a websearch and found only two. A place in Philadelphia called SJ Cigar wouldn't mail to Canada so I investigated Vintage Chic. Excellent communication as Jason reported. I ended up ordering a 5-pack of the Exquisitos Bellcoso Double Capa along with a leather cigar tube and some humidificant. If this works out I will be ordering other interesting cigars such as the Arganese that the site carries. I don't know a lot but it appears that the site is focusing upon the smaller craft brands.