Vintage Syrian improvement...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowroll

Reaction score
Well, I love the flavor of McBaren H&H Vintage Syrian, but I find it bites unless very carefully dried and pipe carefully selected. Had a thought, tried it out, and voila, what a tobacco! I added about 15 % C&D granulated Perique and pressed it lightly for about a week; the bite is gone and the flavor is sublime. All the wonderful hidden flavors pop out and it's really smooth and lush. My press approach is just a kitchen vacuum sealer, gives maybe 12 psi pressure and you get a nice flake. May be sacrilege to modify this tobacco, but all I care about is a good smoke. I'm going to treat my whole pound.

Sounds like a home version of Artisan's Blend.

Don't worry about the purists, if your mod floats your boat, make it so! I'm the rouge bastard that prefers my McClelland's Christmas Cheer mixed with their bulk 2000. I'll bet you adding Perique gives it a nice push in Lady 'N' as well!

Smoke on!

Not sure about the vitamin N kick, but I do like the floral, musty effect Perique gives.