Vintage time capsule

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Here was an acorn waiting for its blind pig. I found this leather covered hard cased little Billiard with real amber stem on etsy, price was pretty low, seller knew nothing about it and neither did I with the information given but I bought it anyway.

It arrives and it's a nice looking pipe can't really see the grain as age has darkened it pretty well and I have nothing I can clean it with I'd trust on a pipe nor can I buff it so I packed it away.

Since I'm going through all my pipes I'm making an effort to identify those I either didn't know who made them or have lost my notes and need assistance with so far only three have been beyond identification but I'm sure there will be a couple more.

Thankfully this was not one of those times but I was truly astounded when I did identify the maker as it is the oldest of this companies pipes I've seen.

Marked London, hallmarked sterling silver and L&AO which may not mean much but it stands for Louis & Alfred Orlik making it hail from 1899-1905 timeframe thereabouts. I didn't want to pop a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced just for this smoke but the 15 y/o Heinrichs Curly I've been smoking is doing a fine job of keeping it smokey.
banjo

35442490723_22bc8624a6_z_d.jpg

Looks good on you!! The silver band and color of the stem bring it all together nicely. Plus your smoking some great baccy with it :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!