Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A vintage wood burned cigar box lid that sits atop one of my pipe racks.....

DSC00298_zps4a1add0b.jpg

DSC00297_zps3cc3dcaa.jpg

A hand crafted, hand painted wooden cigar purchased at the Padron factory down in Miami. It is signed by seven different members of the Padron dynasty. Beginning with the patriarch Jose who will turn 87 this year, it also includes his son Jorge's signature, and in descending order, Marco, Rodolfo, Jeffrey, Elizabeth, and Orlando. I regret that I was not able to get Jessica or Kassandra's ink, but I may possibly be able to make that happen at some point down the road.

I am hoping that in 20-25 years this piece of history appreciates considerably in value, and I am able to pass it on to someone who really appreciates what is surely destined to become vintage collectible tobacciania.....

DSC00300_zps95bdb62e.jpg

My antique pipe cabinet with revolving shelf, probably from the 1930's or 1940's, I'm not for certain.....

DSC00296_zpscfc6dedb.jpg

DSC00294_zps3445c829.jpg

DSC00293_zps6faca74e.jpg

DSC00292_zpsa6f38415.jpg

Notice that the small ashtrays have no cigarette or cigar rests, making them intended for pipe tobacco ash and dottle.....

DSC00291_zpsdd554cc6.jpg

DSC00286_zpsa7d882ac.jpg

A SYROCO wood pipe rest with glass humidor.....

DSC00295_zps4eac45e3.jpg

DSC00305_zpsb7591cdd.jpg

The cabinet is beautiful ! It's nice that it comes with 2 "flake saucers" :twisted: Now you can rub out two types of flake and let 'em dry in those before loading up to smoke !! :p

monbla256":35h6qea0 said:
The cabinet is beautiful ! It's nice that it comes with 2 "flake saucers" :twisted: Now you can rub out two types of flake and let 'em dry in those before loading up to smoke !! :p
Michael, I never considered using them to dry tobacco prior to loading a bowl, I just used them as ashtrays. :)

Dutch":2zw3fws1 said:
monbla256":2zw3fws1 said:
Michael, I never considered using them to dry tobacco prior to loading a bowl, I just used them as ashtrays. :)
See, they can "multi task" :p I have a saucer left from a set that I broke the cup that matched and it's my "flake saucer". Those look to be just right for that! Neat !! :p

Dutch, please let me come over!!! You have the most amazing collection I've ever seen!!!
Zach

GuitarMyFriend":995r2tja said:
Dutch, please let me come over!!! You have the most amazing collection I've ever seen!!!
Zach
Zach, any time you find yourself in N. Alabama, drop by for a bowl or three! Thanks for the kind words. Believe it or not, I purchased the pipe cabinet for around $65. It is in great shape to be of the age it is.

George Kaplan":995r2tja said:
Do I see an Aristocob atop that cabinet?
George, yes you are correct. I really like the old Aristocob design, and wish someone would reintroduce a similar pipe. They are on the small side, but they are ideal flake pipes. Regrettably, the cob inserts are going nowdays on ebay for $7 to $10 each, but that is no more expensive than buying a brand new MM cob, so the cost to smoke the pipe is still not outrageous. The cob inserts have a small steel disc inserted to help prevent burnout, so they can go high mileage if one is cautious.

Just scored another of these very functional Dunhill humidors, which the wooden lid and gasket are in fantastic shape. This one has faceted corners, as opposed to my other, which is simply barrel shaped.....

DSC00323_zps1f28246c.jpg

DSC00324_zpsca34cbd7.jpg

Here are a few pics of my antique Royal Goedewaagen gouda cigar jar. I'm not exactly sure when it was produced, but it definitely has some age on it, judging from the humidifier underneath the lid.....

DSC00334_zps1477c980.jpg

DSC00335_zps33917a90.jpg

DSC00337_zps654982c6.jpg

DSC00336_zpse0e4fc1c.jpg

Here is a brown glass cigar ashtray owned by Roy DeMeo from the 1960's-1970's era. The second photo is a certificate of authenticity, which has been signed by his son Al DeMeo, and notarized in Wake County North Carolina in November 2009.