Virginia Memory (Review Added)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Va10 ? or the Memory ?

The Va10 gets that way with age, of course. Younger, it was more like bacon than cake.

:face:

I'll be looking for that, next time out with it.

It's truly bizarre how much taste varies in people. The two pipe guys I know who have the most acute perceptions : one can't imagine what the Lakeland Shampoo is that people are always griping about, and the other privately suspects that the whole McClelland catsup aroma thing is an urban legend that spreads via suggestion. Yet they can detect other stuff in trace quantities. If there's 0.5 % of something in a blend, they'll pick it out.

vaperfavour":q8k57ktt said:
Great to hear! I also like it, though it is pretty sweet.

Only 3 and 1/2 good sized bowls into my first tin and I can tell that I like it. It's not overly complex but certainly isn't one dimensional. I'm going to hold off on a proper review until I've made my way further through the tin. Good stuff, no doubt!

I didn't find it to be very sweet though... It's got plenty of musty oriental character. The Virginia is sharp and young but it's pleasant. Perks up the senses :)

At this early stage, it reminds me of Cairo... Sans perique. As if Cairo had the perique removed and replaced with the same type of cigar leaf JP uses in Stormfront :)

Perfect moisture if you prefer your tobacco on the dry side. No airing out is needed. Pop the tin and start smoking! Just how I like it!

...and I'm certain that this will age well. I don't expect a transformation at all really. Simply an integration of the flavors and perhaps a bit of fermentation. Should be good in a few years!

I will have to try this. By the way Yak, I also enjoyed the "phase cancelled" description and it made me wonder if you were or are an audio guy?

Very Nice Yak. I own and run a recording studio for my day job so I knew there was some relation there.

Nice !

The more de-centralised Recording becomes, the better it is for everybody.

Onward & Upward ! :cheers:

Recommended reading : Behind the Glass by Massey.