Viva la Matrix!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vito

Charter member
Reaction score
Brothah Puff Daddy, you done did it again. In this post in the Are marketing dweebs running the show? thread, you wrote:
Puff Daddy":lxthd2o8 said:
...Autos get about 3 1/2 mpg in a mixer, the sticks got about 5 mpg. At $3.75 a gallon for deisel it don't take long to lose any money saved on investment.
...whereupon I opined that AlGore and his hordes of delirious circus clowns have their heads up their butts yet again. I had just read a white paper on Hitachi's torque-assist AMT (automated manual transmission), in which the opening line was...
The politically correct bozos at Hitachi":lxthd2o8 said:
OVERVIEW: Fuel efficiency standards on vehicles are becoming increasingly strict to curb global warming, and Japan and Europe plan to reduce current standard values by about 25% in the timeframe from 2008 to 2010."
Never mind the fact that their own data show that their "next-generation" AMT isn't even as fuel-efficient as a conventional automatic transmission. Perhaps they should review their own data.

Of course, that's to be expected. The 2004-2005 release of Hitachi's concession to anthropogenic (human-induced) global warming is suspiciously coincident with the lingering frenzy engendered by the Kyoto Protocol, the prominent predecessor of today's periodic harbingers of doom, the IPCC reports. The enviro-wackos get points for persistence, I suppose. A lie repeated often enough eventually becomes accepted as the truth.

But the current crop of global warmies and other doomsayers have outdone even their own past pseudo-scientific excesses (e.g., the anti-nuclear hysteria of the 1980s). For all their other faults, they at least are consistent in their inability to reconcile their current dogma with anything resembling actual facts. In that regard, they are utterly reliable.

And get this...the same High Priests of the Church of Mother Earth who were sputtering and drooling all over themselves about the dangers of nuclear energy some 20+ years ago have undergone a miraculous transformation. Yes folks, it's an epiphany! Now they're calling nuclear energy "green power" because it produces no greenhouse gasses. Duh....

I hate to be the bearer of good news for those whose purpose in life is to believe the worst, but just remember where you heard it first—right here on the BoB forum. Here are some truths that the true believers of the Church of Global Warming find particularly inconvenient:

• Global warming is a real phenomenon. It has been happening since the last ice age.
  • There is absolutely zero scientific proof establishing a causal relationship between global warming and human activity on planet Earth. There is a body of data correlating increased atmospheric carbon dioxide with an increase in global temperatures over the past ~50 years, but correlation is not causation.
  • There are significant anomalies in the natural historical record (i.e., independent of human recorded history...evidence in the geological and paleontological record) — such as the "little ice age" — that cannot be explained by the current politically correct models of long-term climatological change. The authors of those models simply dismiss that evidence, or ignore it completely.
  • The number one greenhouse gas—one that vastly outweighs the effects of all others combined—is water vapor.
  • If the mechanism by which anthropogenic global warming is alleged to exist were a real phenomenon, the increased atmospheric carbon dioxide would be a boon to plant life, which would hardly be destructive to the ecosphere. Arborculture data for the past 50 years show increased rates of arboreal growth corresponding precisely to the increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide over the same period.
  • Increased plant growth is accompanied by increased transpiration of water vapor. Higher levels of atmospheric water vapor increase the planet's cloud cover. Initially, there is a temporally local increase in the greenhouse effect, but as the cloud cover increases, so does the planet's albedo (its reflectivity to solar radiation), ultimately resulting in a decrease of global temperatures. (Albedo effects are excluded from the climatological models that predict disastrous global warming.)
  • The popular climatological models that have resulted in the canonization of Saint AlGore are both scientifically and epistemologically flawed. You cannot model complex dynamic systems like long-term climatological evolution with simple mathematical algorithms. You can, however, use them to make scaremongering, science-free predictions that will convince the masses we're all dead unless we dutifully subscribe to the current mass hysteria. It works great for making idiots appear to be sages, increaasing their sense of self-importance, and conferring upon them power and authority they have not earned, do not deserve, and consistently abuse.
  • Any meteorologist who has an ounce of sense will tell you that the current state of meteorological science does not enable the human species to predict the weather with anything other than ballpark accuracy more than a week to ten days in advance, much less allow for the prediction of long-term climatological forecasts.
  • The forces that govern long-term climatic change on planet Earth are vastly more powerful than anything the human species can muster. The best available evidence suggests that terrestrial climatological evolution is governed by Milankovich cycles, which involve astronomical parameters iike relative angular displacements of orbital planes, eccentricity of orbits, precession of the Earth's axis, and certain gravitational phenomena—things that we are powerless to affect, much less control.
  • There is a growing but generally not widely known body of astrophysical evidence that the periodicity of long-term terrestrial climatological fluctuations is related to processes occurring within the sun. If this turns out to be true, it will be a severely inconvenient truth for the advocates of anthropogenic global warming. There is good reason to believe that the sun doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone's "carbon footprint".
  • The Earth will continue to warm up until it begins to cool down as we head toward the next ice age, and there's not a damn thing Saint AlGore can do about it.
  • Reducing your "carbon footprint" won't make a damn bit of difference in the long-term climate of this planet, irrespective of whether we declare that it's "for the children".
  • The cheese stands alone.
This concludes today's installment of Dr. Vito's dose of heretical rationality. We hope we haven't upset your sense of impending catastrophe too much. We now return you to your regularly scheduled diet of politically motivated insanity. Viva la Matrix!

Vito :joker:

:joker: ,

The only part of your post that makes sense is your new signature line.

It may well replace "I'm fed up and I'm not going to take it anymore."

:king: tj

I for one hope this GlobalWarming were all gonna die stuff is true. See I bought into all that Y2K stuff and stocked up on ammo and MRE's. When the alram worked on Jan 1,2000 I was severly upset. "WTF. I gotta eat these 2000 calorie a piece MRE's anyway, got half my retirement tied up in em" So here I am *lmost 8 yrs later finishing up the last one. My waist is 8 inches bigger around, I'm still pissed. If this GlobalWarming stuff don't happen and we all live, I'm going to have to sink the other half of my retirement into Jenny Craig meals so I'll be able to walk instead of waddle.

In closing, Drive Big SUV's,Leave your lights on, and turn your heater up. I'm counting on you.

thomas james":m23w8kqa said:
:joker: ,

The only part of your post that makes sense is your new signature line...
You want I should send Guido over there to explain it to ya? :twisted:

puros_bran":b1mabnbk said:
...If this GlobalWarming stuff don't happen and we all live, I'm going to have to sink the other half of my retirement into Jenny Craig meals so I'll be able to walk instead of waddle...
PeeBee:

Thanks for the stock tip. Jenny Craig it is! 8)

Vito what it really boils down to is 'We the People' are collectivly dumber n rocks. We let these beedy eyed lawyer type run the whole damn show using sound bite politics. When/If you try to talk to em they just shout you down. Rational has no place in their agenda. The funny part they all envision theirselves as Lts in the Generals army, never realizing that when the General wins the battle and becomes a Colonel (I have no clue why but all dictators are Colonels) they are gonna be just as far up sh-t creek as the rest of us.
These teaparty libs are going to have a real hard wake up call someday. When the General says Noone can have wealth or enjoyment of wealth he means them too. I say Hug your Tree Greenie cause that's the only love your ever gonna get.
Don't think I'm lettin you off the hook Bro NeoCon your letting em do it so you can have your petspending bill. Politicians, who Needs em. Viva la Revolution!!!!!!