Wait…WHAT?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I got an email notice this morning that scared me. It was a notice that we needed to pay on our account at "Hospice in the Pines". Wait...WHAT?

For a moment I thought SWMBO might have some clandestine plans for me...then remembered I was sorting through my Junk Mail Inbox. Whew!

(y)

I get so sick and tired of phishing and scamming emails and phone calls. I've been strongly tempted to go back to a landline and drop my email account but that would be like shooting myself in the foot due to some morons out there trying to rob me.

Email and phones are such problems for me.

(y)

I've been strongly tempted to go back to a landline and drop my email account but that would be like shooting myself in the foot due to some morons out there trying to rob me.
That wouldn't solve your problem. They hit your landline with "potential scam" calls all day.

I agree. Junk email is a PITA. I must get 80 or more a dsy, sometimes 2 or 3 from the same source. Haven't found a way to stop them as yet.

Life was simpler back in the 1950's. I could ride my bike 5 miles without having to worry about getting mugged.
My parents didn't know where I was and knew I was safe. Communication was via word of mouth, or if need be,
a pay phone!
"Just be home when the street lights come on."

Yep. As a child of 6 or 7 I used to take the city bus every Sst from our semi rural neighborhood on the north side of town 12 miles into downtown to the big old city library to check out books. Also took the same bus in the summer to the city park about 8 miles away to go swimming at the community pool. Rode our bicycles down to the river to catch pollywogs. Folks never worried about me.

My inbox and junk box full up quickly. I always go through the junk and every once in a while I’ll find a email I need…

My inbox and junk box full up quickly. I always go through the junk and every once in a while I’ll find a email I need…
Same here. Not sure why some important emails end up in the junk folder and I get so much junk emails every day that it takes a while to scan the junk folder. Way worse than snail mail but at least it isn't killing any trees.

I've known many friends who were in hospice that didn't know where they were. Just stay calm and drink the purple coolaid.
Oh, back to Blackhorse's original post. We got so offtrack I got lost with this post. :D

Last edited: