Wally Frank Ltd

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I picked up a pipe today at a yard sale

All the markings it has is

Wally Frank
Ltd

No numbers or anything else

It is a very light tan
its a lumberman about 7 inches long
The stem is about an inch and a half
the shank is oval shaped

it looks to be billiard style

I was curious if anyone had any information on this pipe

I don't know how you would date that particular pipe but in their day Wally Franks were premier pipes in the US.

Justpipes":olv1v5h2 said:
I don't know how you would date that particular pipe but in their day Wally Franks were premier pipes in the US.

I find reference on the net of Wally Frank pipes but they usually have a number

This one doesnt it looks new unsmoked
I saw one in a 1939 catalog but no style number

Hopefully Morleysson will weigh in on this. With his knowledge of older US carvers and companies he can probably shed some light on Wally Frank dating.

Dave":sav2izsn said:
I picked up a pipe today at a yard sale

All the markings it has is

Wally Frank
Ltd

No numbers or anything else

It is a very light tan
its a lumberman about 7 inches long
The stem is about an inch and a half
the shank is oval shaped

it looks to be billiard style

I was curious if anyone had any information on this pipe
They're old and pretty common. I recently found one just like it at a flea market and sold it on Frenchy's web site.

It smokes great

It seems to do better with burleys than anything else

I love burleys and thats great

Here is a link to my only Wally Frank. I sent it to George at Precision Pipe Repair and he did a marvelous job on it. It was so sad looking at the Antique mall. But had been a good smoker for someone and is again a wonderful pipe to smoke. George took some nice pictures and you can click on them to blow them up.

Enjoy your Wally Frank. Many people did.

http://precisionpiperepair.com/BLOG/?p=4

:pirat: :pipe: Even' All, i have a WF at george's now, a true sitter, maybe he'll show some pics, Ken
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

That restoraion is mind boggling to me. I'd like to have a cavalier pipe some day. If it looks that good, I'lle :D :D :D .

Nice Pipe Carlos

Bd Bruce

That restoraion is mind boggling to me. I'd like to have a cavalier pipe some day. If it looks that good, I'lle :D :D :D .

Nice Pipe Carlos

Bd Bruce

That's quite a restoration. I recently had them estimate a restoration on a Dunhill I picked up at an antique store. Cost seemed reasonable but not sure if I will restore it or not as it has a fairly sizable crack in the shank.

I remember the old Wally Frank catalogs-they were an interesting read.

Dave