Walnut review from a newbie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyTweed

Reaction score
I couldn't find the old thread for reviewing walnut so heres my two cents.

After stealing the last of "slow-puffs" walnut and trying it in my meerschaum after a long day of working i found it to be kind of nostalgic.

I know what your saying to yourself right now how can this kid be nostalgic about a brand new pipe tobacco hes never tried?

Well the smell it provided to me reminded me of my grandfathers leather shop(who use to make trophy saddles for the Calgary Stampede by the way) where i used to sit in the corner while my father and grandfather would shoot the sh*t.

But if i didn't have this memory i would have to pass on making this a regular tobacco in the rotation as i found it a tad bitter, call me a sweet tooth but thats my feelings.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be! However, I still smoke a bowl of a latakia blend once a month in my dad's pipe in his memory because it reminds me of tack polish. It seems that when I was a young boy my dad convinced me that polishing tack was a very important job.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":lld0ia5b said:
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be! However, I still smoke a bowl of a latakia blend once a month in my dad's pipe in his memory because it reminds me of tack polish. It seems that when I was a young boy my dad convinced me that polishing tack was a very important job.

Jim

Sounds a little like Yogi Berra :lol: