WANTED Pics of your old tobacco tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Kaplan":8la6hs9n said:
Ten cents for a pocket tin?!! How dare they flay us with these prices! I'm sending a telegram to congress right now!
Before you know it, they'll be raising the price of petroleum distillate for my horseless carriage. Boy! fetch me my "yelling whiskey"!

George Kaplan":2iik446a said:
George Kaplan":2iik446a said:
Ten cents for a pocket tin?!! How dare they flay us with these prices! I'm sending a telegram to congress right now!
Before you know it, they'll be raising the price of petroleum distillate for my horseless carriage. Boy! fetch me my "yelling whiskey"!
Cheers to this! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MisterE":o5ondkt6 said:
George Kaplan":o5ondkt6 said:
Harlock, I think they still make that, but they call it Istanbul now.

I believe it was tinned in in Ceylon at that time. Or was it Occupied Japan? :p
Probably Siam, but if we keep this up I'll start calling my Rhodesians "Zimbabweans".

monbla256":3bah1yyx said:
So, how does it smoke ? :lol:
I'm not sure I want to try. I could attempt to re-hydrate it, but what if I really liked it? It's not like I can go buy some more at the same price. :p

DrT999":riuy8u9b said:
Richard Hester":riuy8u9b said:
this tin has a date of 1893.
A few characters in the Sherlock Holmes stories smoked that!

DrT999 you sir are indeed correct also in the My Lady Nicotine which is a great read if you have not read it.
Best Regards
Richard

George Kaplan":8s97deu5 said:
monbla256":8s97deu5 said:
So, how does it smoke ? :lol:
I'm not sure I want to try. I could attempt to re-hydrate it, but what if I really liked it? It's not like I can go buy some more at the same price. :p
I would smoke it because a 150lb airconditioner could fall from a 7 storie bldg and kill me today. You may as well consume all the baccy you can. Allow yourself the widest range of expirience possible in life.

TheSmokeamater":5o5fshwy said:
I would smoke it because a 150lb airconditioner could fall from a 7 storie bldg and kill me today. You may as well consume all the baccy you can. Allow yourself the widest range of expirience possible in life.
Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Now that air conditioner season has finally arrived in Michigan, I guess it's about time I read Gravity's Rainbow, hit the needle, and hooked up with a tranny. Heck, 'Mater, you want some? The 'baccy, not the tranny; (s)he refuses to get in the mailbox. Seriously, if you want to try "a legendary mixture" of unknown vintage, I'll send you some. I've got a few other parcels from my cellar shipping out on Monday, I'll add yours to the pile.