WANTED Pics of your old tobacco tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I don't collect tins . . . yet. I'm a collector at heart: pocket knives, sports cards, etc. I think tin collecting sounds interesting. Are there a lot of collectors out there?

I have had this post up for a while and have not gotten anything posted (escept by harlock) so I don't think so.

Nothing special or valuable* here. I just like these because my mother's maiden name happens to be Bagley.

*(EDIT: I didn't think they were valuable, but I just saw two of those Old Colony tins go on Ebay for over $100 each!)

p1000457-150x112.jpg

p1000459-150x112.jpg

This is kind of a mysterious thread.
Maybe it's my computer, but it seems like posts and pics have disappeared...
Is it just me?

Harlock999":57v8jqo4 said:
This is kind of a mysterious thread.
Maybe it's my computer, but it seems like posts and pics have disappeared...
Is it just me?
:scratch: :study:

Where did it all go?

Here's a few of mine. I was gifted these two awesome Edgeworth tins from around the turn of the century. From my research I found that the last time Edgeworth was produced stateside (Richmond, VA) was in ~1901 so these must predate that

2db0cb21.jpg

And the ready rubbed
0feb619b.jpg

b1c945b5.jpg

Two gorgeous tins, IMHO. I wish tins were still that fancy! Check out the guarantee on the inside of the lid... Hopefully you can read it

Here in Germany, they just use these ugly cheap stickers for tobacco tins, it´s not the same anymore.
I really have to get some of the old tins, before they fully disappear. Just for old times sake…

But I´m using these glasses instead of the orinal tins anyway:

Clubtabak.jpg

Kind regards
Thilo

Sweet pics! In had forgotten asbout this thread. I love the edgeworth tins, they are very ornate.

I to keep most of my bulk tobac in glass candy jars like that.

jdkonzem":vnuuaf5l said:
Sweet pics! In had forgotten asbout this thread.
And here I was feeling guilty for bumping an old thread! Looks like it still had some life left in it. Great tins fellas! :cheers:

Thanks, George!
Oldrich Jirsa is a Czech pipe maker who offers great pipes for a very reasonable price.

Ten cents for a pocket tin?!! How dare they flay us with these prices! I'm sending a telegram to congress right now!