Wanting to go to the next level of shaving

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,
I've been shaving with a double edge safety razor and I want to give a straight razor shave a try. From what I've seen and heard, a 5/8" rounded edge would be the best way to start. I see lot's of expensive blades out there and it seems the best ones are German made. I've seen cheaper ones but they're made in China. The cheaper kits come with a strop but I'm just curious if these kits are worth a purchase or if I'm just wasting dollars on them. I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on those or if anyone has any advice and/or maybe has a razor they want to sell that would be good for a beginner wanting to explore the hobby.
Thanks for reading

There's no short cuts in life feller.
You can save money and buy quality the first time. Or you can go the expensive route and buy cheap the first time and then buy quality the second or third time.  

If you insist on the second version www.whippeddog.com  is a step up from most websites kit stuff...call him or email him and have him put together something for you.

If you are willing to take the plunge and go the cheaper route.
Click Me

And to save these two the trouble of posting.
Monbla has been shaving with the same razor for 987 years and if you use anything else you are stupid.

Cart doesn't shave and if you shave you are stupid.

puros_bran":zson7f6k said:
There's no short cuts in life feller.
You can save money and buy quality the first time. Or you can go the expensive route and buy cheap the first time and then buy quality the second or third time.  

If you insist on the second version www.whippeddog.com  is a step up from most websites kit stuff...call him or email him and have him put together something for you.

If you are willing to take the plunge and go the cheaper route.
Click Me

And to save these two the trouble of posting.
Monbla has been shaving with the same razor for 987 years and if you use anything else you are stupid.

Cart doesn't shave and if you shave you are stupid.
PB, you're so kind!! :twisted: :twisted: But I'll respond anyway and just say, straight razors are for barbers. :twisted: :twisted: