Warped 'The Haunting'

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrT999

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Despite vowing not to buy any more new tinned tobacco (since I have 18 years worth), I admit I fell for this (shouldn't have watched the review on youtube). Anyone else? I see it's already sold out.

Let us know what you think of it when you try it.

In case any are interested in the 'official' video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/veyFr64DmgI" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

GeoffC":ys8yu0wo said:
I have not had this but in general I'm not a cigar leaf pipe tobacco smoker.  If I want a cigar leaf, I'll get a cigar.  

FYI, C&D Small Batch Carolina Red Leaf will be release online next Tuesday.
You just had to throw this little tidbit of temptation out here, didn't you :p :p :p :cheers: FTRPLT

Simple Man":r7osc5qt said:
I had it in my shopping cart and waited too late to checkout. Oh well. Hope you enjoy it. 8)
I missed it as well, thought I had more time lol. Sold it pretty quickly. I'll have to react more quickly next time

GeoffC":srybggb5 said:
ftrplt":srybggb5 said:
GeoffC":srybggb5 said:
I have not had this but in general I'm not a cigar leaf pipe tobacco smoker.  If I want a cigar leaf, I'll get a cigar.  

You just had to throw this little tidbit of temptation out here, didn't you :p :p :p :cheers: FTRPLT
Smoking Pipes has it the cheapest today at $9.99 max 75 per person per day buy.   Try and control yourself.  At least there are 10,000 tins produced this time.
10,000 may be a limited run, but somehow it doesn't strike me as 'small batch' :lol!:

DrT999":qd5fw83q said:
GeoffC":qd5fw83q said:
ftrplt":qd5fw83q said:
GeoffC":qd5fw83q said:

Smoking Pipes has it the cheapest today at $9.99 max 75 per person per day buy.   Try and control yourself.  At least there are 10,000 tins produced this time.
10,000 may be a limited run, but somehow it doesn't strike me as 'small batch' :lol!:
In 2 oz tins that's 1250 lbs if my math is correct. And yes, not an insignificant amount, including and especially what was grown and discarded for quality/uniformity reasons.

Cheers,

RR

Popped a tin; tin note seemed to come mostly from the (red?) VA. It packed easily and burned pretty quick, but with no bite. In the bowl, it seemed not to change much, about 1/3 from the VA and 2/3 from the cigar leaf. Granted it's been a while since I've had either, but the first impression reminded me of McClelland Red Cake and the Dutch Masters with the Cameroon wrappers I smoked back in the 80s. No doubt my impressions will change, esp. if the other tins get some real age on them.

Smoked a few bowls yesterday - didn't love it, didn't hate it. It burned cool, packed well, but was, I thought, rather bland. Might be someone else's piece of cake; just not mine. It may improve over time but I'm not much for cellaring tobacco; if anyone is interested in my remaining tin I'm sure we can work something out.

I really like this blend. It’s spicy and has a lightly sweet tone. Good strength too. I have had a bowl of it each night for the last week and it’s really grown on me. Does it taste like a cigar? Yes, but it’s more than that. The cigar flavor is strong but the C&D VA stands up to it. Solid blend.

Sounds like something I might like. If there's another limited run I'll have to snag a tin to try.