Was Asked By A Woman Friend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Just a friend, who happens to be female, nothing more, thankfully. I know what she expected my reply to be, but I fooled her.
Her query: "Really Steve, what do you find to be the most problematic about being an older man?"
I replied, "Having to use the bathroom when people ask me inane questions."

Funny. In all honesty, one of my semi-serious problems is getting up a couple of time in the middle of the night to 'drain the lizard.' Damn'd inconvenient.

In all honesty, one of my semi-serious problems is getting up a couple of time in the middle of the night to 'drain the lizard.'
For me, in bed about 11:00 pm, after thoroughly watering the geese, then up at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 before climbing out of bed and up for the day at 6:50.
True story: When this began in my 60s, I went to consult with a urologist, telling him that I was getting up a couple of times a night to urinate, and that it inhibited my ability to get a good night's rest.
He thought for a moment then remarked, "If you consume liquid after about 6:00 pm, at your age, you can expect to have to pass liquids during the night. Come and see me when you urinate at night without getting up."

Not a pleasant thought.

If I'm not getting up a couple of times a night to visit the bathroom, then the dogs are waking me up as they bolt for the dog door and whatever is infringing upon their yard, then I head to the bathroom since I'm awake. For years, an enlarged prostate was the culprit; I had that removed last June to avoid further cancer treatment; I still get up a couple of times a night as a rule.

I usually have to take the dogs out so I might as well use the facilities as well.

70 years old and hardly ever have to get up because I have to urinate. Problem is, I can only sleep a few hours at a time. I may very well have urinary problems if I could stay asleep long enough to discover them.