Was dragged to a Veteran's day gig and cringed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tarheel you did hight altitude jumps I assume c130 Hercules ir was it before the herc? If im.wrong what did u jump from?

Ozark Wizard":fh4rbjw4 said:
tarheel7734":fh4rbjw4 said:
nismo270r":fh4rbjw4 said:
tarheel7734":fh4rbjw4 said:
Its hard to see the patch, but i am assuming its our sf patch and not socom patch.
Pretty sure your right TH...can't see the lightning bolts, but looking closer at the bottom of the spear tip, the curve isn't as pronounced as it is on the USASOC tip. So, maybe a short AND a long tab are hiding under that strap!
It does look like there might be a triple canopy there. The long tab looks too far apart from the airborn tab above the unit patch. Its just an old photo and hard to tell. Beret doesnt have the usual flash, so I originally thought foreign soldier attached, but in my time when we had the brits attached to our group for training for some time, they still wore their uniforms and we wore ours when we were cross training with different units. Things change so much over the years in sf, so anything is possible.
Something like that...... ;)

Looks like you found your pipe. I still haven't braved the storm shelter to find mine. Assuming I still have it!
Maybe its just silver oakleaf clusters in the flash and i am not paying attention well enough. Maybe 3rd group flash.

arkansaspiper":s3l98ymd said:
Tarheel you did hight altitude jumps I assume c130 Hercules ir was it before the herc? If im.wrong what did u jump from?
I served from 1996 to 2006, so yes c130, 141, c17, and even from the rear of ch47s. Most of the time it was a c130.

Thank you for your service way cool what was your favorite chute. Or chute of chose I have not jumped but want to not in military but as a civilian

arkansaspiper":by6crtax said:
Thank you for your service way cool what was your favorite chute. Or chute of chose I have not jumped but want to not in military but as a civilian
We used the mc-4 system. It worked both for haho and halo operations. I have never jumped with any civilian chutes. Dont think i can get cleared medically due to all the injuries to spine and head. I do miss it a lot.

I'm so sorry to hear that you gave alot to keep us free in this country God bless you for it

The before / after contrast between your BoB pic and text pic is pretty droll.