Watch strap help

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
What are some sources for really good leather watch straps?  Not sure I want to spend what it'll take to buy croc or alligator (but I might); good quality embossed leather might work.  I hate buying them online as they always look good in the photos but are often disappointing when in hand; some that I've bought that were touted to be top quality just didn't have the thickness, etc.

Currently I need a strap for my Longines Dolce Vita chrono; in the past I've ordered them from Longines (which are ridiculously expensive for what they are) but they have discontinued the one I preferred.  I'll want some nice thickness and contrasting stitching.  Thanks for any/all help/suggestions.

003_zpsd0538bce.jpg

Global is one that came highly recommended but I was rather disappointed in what I got from them. Maybe I'll give them another look.

I had the same problem. Wish I had posted here. I did buy a band for $95 from Fison. www.filson.com. It may not have the detail you are looking for. I do like the quality however.

Idlefellow":sxph1is2 said:
Global is one that came highly recommended but I was rather disappointed in what I got from them.  Maybe I'll give them another look.
This is an example of a Hadley-Roma Alligator strap with a stainless butterfly deployant catch that I got from Global on my Citizen Chronomaster. IMHO it's a beautiful strap for a beautiful watch at a very reasonable price  :twisted:

Idlefellow":dkqsbd5z said:
Do you have the model number of that strap?  Very attractive...
I just ordered a Tan Alligator Hadley- Roma strap as listed by Global. I had them put their "butterfly" deployant catch on it and ordered the size that would fit my wrist. That pic was taken about 5 years ago when I got it. It's darkened up with wear since then . Looks better with wear than when new IMHO :twisted: :twisted: