Waxing A Rusticated Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

Reaction score
I've only ever waxed my smooth briars until today.I picked up a small jar of
Halycon 2 Wax last week,this wax is for rusticated while Halycon 1 is for smooth.
That's what the man who sold it to me said.
Well I slathered some on an Ardor 2003 Xmas pipe,rubbed it off and by God
it does make a difference,a big difference.Pipe looks brand new!You can get it at:

www.finepipes.com

Winslow

I just user a buffer and a solid block of carnauba wax...but lately have wondered bout some of these pipe polishes and sprays as a quicker means to simply shine an old pipe

Thanks for the note, Winslow! I've been wanting to try the Halcyon but still have a good supply of Briar Wipe.

By the way, I use an old worn brush on my Crest Spin Brush tooth brush to work on my rusticated pipes. It also works well for removing tars etc. from the rim on rusticated and smooth pipes.

Jim

I agree with Mark. Brair Pipe Wipe on a Handi Wipe works great on rusticated and sandblast pipes....

Best,
D.J.

Be careful trying to buff rusticated/blasted pipes with hard carnauba and a buffing wheel. If the stuff gets jammed into the crevices, it's a bear to get out.

hazmat":4x85vq0i said:
Be careful trying to buff rusticated/blasted pipes with hard carnauba and a buffing wheel. If the stuff gets jammed into the crevices, it's a bear to get out.
This is good advice for the Halcyon product too. Halcyon has a cumulative effect, and if you "accumulate" too much on a deep, craggy rustication then the pipe will take on an unnatural waxy look.

A little dab'll do ya' . . . .

I went to Walgreens today and got 2 soft bristle tooth brushes,my finger tip
can't get in those crevices.
Talking about rusticated pipes,I saw some of Shabbi's rusticated pipes and
they were very impressive.His rustication on briar was like the lattice work the
carvers do on meerschaum.

Winslow