We just made an offer!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
I've been quite the disappeared Brother for awhile now. I had lowered my involvement and even taken a furlough from the Bombing Squadron. I had done this, for those that don't remember, so that I could really really tighten my spending as wife and I and child started looking for a home to purchase.
No new pipes or tobacco and many packages of ramen later and I can say that I've seen the cash start to build. I've recently started listing some things from my collection here and also had a few eBay auctions. I will continue to do some of this and am also thinking of reaching out to Blue Room Briars for a few select pieces also. Today, though, the momentous has happened as we have made an offer on a home. We were modestly countered and accepted. So a contract we will have!  Even though I've been absent I appreciate all of the support I've had and know is here for me. John.

Congrats John, that's fantastic news.

It appears that you and I will both be moving soon then! I too purchased and 'sealed the deal' 3 or so weeks ago. Exciting times!

Good luck with the move!

I pray it all goes to plan and you will be soon be installed in your new home Juan. May it be all that you dreamed of.

Oh, and welcome to home ownership and all that means! You'll surely know in due course!

;)

Cheers,

RR

Good news is always welcome! Congratulations on the new digs... You have proven to be a 'Family comes first' kinda guy.

Good show!

:cheers:

It's always interesting to see fancy cars parked outside of rentals. The classic dwindlling investment. Then there are the nice houses with the very average cars out front. And their investment continues to grow. We bought a house for $80K twenty years ago. It was recently appraised for over $250K. It will likely jump to $300K next year after the major remodel...kitchen, floors & main bathroom. Normally, over time, real estate is solid.

So congrats bro. Today's sacrifice is tomorrow's jackpot. You have done well. We're all proud of you.

Congratulations for buying a new home. BH is right. Buying a home is a huge investment but in most cases homes are a great safe investment. Most homes will double in value in 15-20 years. :)

AJ

Thanks everyone. I'm actually dreading the move as much as the purchase. I hate moving so much that I normally have thrown away half my possessions everytime I move just so it's quite manageable. I will not have the authority to do this now with the wife's expansive possessions. And of course we have a third family member that has accumulated a huge amount of personal property for a 21 month old. :scratch: I'm sure I'll end up fine but I won't be pleased until we're settled.
Also, Northern Virginia real estate is a B! I'd blush if I told you what we're paying for a relatively modest townhouse in Burke Virginia. It does have a decent lake view however so hopefully that serenity will overtake me. :shock: