We Should Start a US/European Tobacco Exchange>>>

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
As we all know,there are some blends only available to us here in the US and some available only to those in Europe.I wonder if their would there be any intrest in an annual tobacco exchange between us Yanks and some of our fellow European posters?

Discuss...

Dock
:pipe:

Let me know what you need...

An annual exchange might not be enough for some, but I am certainly willing to help out as long as we do a value based exchange rather than volume based (taxes over here are not exactly for the faint of heart). It's almost like Canada.

That's funny Dock I was thinking the same thing. Do you think there would be any problems with customs? I've almost ordered some Three Nuns once but I was a little worried it would never make it to me.

As far as I know, you guys won't have any problems regarding customs. It's on this end there might be a problem.

We would, of course, have to shoot the UK Customs checkers in order to acheive such a blessed state of affairs :twisted:

I have horse traded years back for some shop mixed blends of W.O. Larsen's (I hope I have the name right) with an old poster at the Knox Board named Caveman who lived in Denmark and we had no problems at either end with customs. Of course I'm talking about four years ago.

mdmiller5":tn0074td said:
I have horse traded years back for some shop mixed blends of W.O. Larsen's (I hope I have the name right) with an old poster at the Knox Board named Caveman who lived in Denmark and we had no problems at either end with customs. Of course I'm talking about four years ago.

I miss The Caveman. He used to pop into the chat room over there from time to time. even after he stopped the pipe. He was trying to quit the cigs. Hope he succeeded. He can always pick up the pipe later.

mdmiller5":ctprnldm said:
I am pretty well convinced that between Canada and US, cross-border security causes a lot of time delays. I've received samples, clearly marked "tobacco" and it cleared customs but the delay in time is often unbearable. Every package goes through Toronto where is is screened. I'm not sure if this is the case in Europe. But whatever the item is, when it crosses the border, it supposedly is "X-Rayed" or whatever...

Small samples do not seem to be worth the cost to government to pursue but larger amounts might cause some to get royally zapped.
-Paul

Just my two cents.

Sending to help the Europeans with US only baccy is a grand idea.
But to avoid VAT taxs that you would have to pay through an exchange(the European Bro would have to add that in to his side), download Dan Pipes catalog and order from there.