Wednesday 11/24/2021

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
My younger daughter, husband, and three kids will be joining her husband's sister's family in Northern MN for Thanksgiving. I'll just spend the day with my older daughter and her husband. We'll watch the football games and have a quiet holiday. Except for the turkey breast, I made everything this morning that I'm bringing. The days of getting up at 5:00 am on Thanksgiving and cooking up until we all sat down to eat is over for this old guy. My daughter offered to buy a cooked dinner and have it delivered, but prices are very high, about $120 for 4 plus tax, delivery, and tip. While I know it wouldn't have been a financial imposition on her, I couldn't justify it and we decided to do a semi-pot luck and donate what we would have spent on take-out to a local youth shelter.
I wish you all a joyous and delicious Thanksgiving.

We have done the precooked dinners a couple of times, we found it to be not worth the piece. We are just doing basically a turkey and pies this year, maybe a couple sides but nothing big. Just me and the wife. Then don't dinner packing since we are about to move again.