Welcome from Canada

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CARubio

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I live just outside Toronto, Canada, and I've been smoking a pipe for about a year.
What I love the most about it is the opportunity to slow down and really relax.

Pipe smoking is strictly reserved for when I am celebrating life and its many gifts.

Looking forward to connecting with this community and making some new friends.

Cheers,
Carlos

Hi Carlos! I lived in Ottawa for over 20yrs now in Vancouver. Where are you in Ontario? Brockville? Orilla? What kind of pipe do you have?

Hello Carlos, very nice to meet you, welcome to BoB.  :cheers: :sunny: 

Welcome aboard Carlos,
Julius Vesz is someone to visit in Toronto that makes great smoking pipes and he is a very interesting and knowledgeable gentleman.

:D 

Welcome to BoB, Carlos! I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"

Welcome aboard Carlos, hope you enjoy the flight.

I was in your neck of the woods a few years ago, paddling the Petawawa in the Algonquin. You live in a beautiful part of the world Sir...

Pipes are most defintely all about relaxation. Why rush a pipe when you can sit back and smoke slow!

Welcome!

Welcome Carlos.

I've got a fondness for Canada, and Canadian people. In my many years of sales and so on I've never met a Canadian who wasn't extremely nice. I know that's a huge blanket statement, but you guys just seem all right!

Glad to have you on board.

good day eh!

Nice to have you here, or "beauty eh!"

I have visited Julius many times while visiting the big smoke and had him make me one of his raindrops on special order and have a few of his more routine pipes.

He is a great guy and a wonderful host in his workshop located in the shop mezzaine of the Royal York. A lot of people pooh pooh his claims about deadroot briar but on one of my visits he showed me some and some regular burls. When you compared two similar sized pieces of each there was a noticeable difference in weight, so I think there is something to what he says. He also showed me some of the pipes his grandfather made, nice craftsmanship. On my next trip to TO I am going to order another raindrop.

RB