Welcome to Feudalism

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

For those of us who may have missed it in junior highschool, in Feudalism, ordinary people are serfs, owned body, mind and soul by their betters, and require their permission before they do anything.
Guardian.co.uk":qt5lvaoa said:
A painter and decorator has been fined £30 for smoking in his own van because it was deemed to be a workplace.

Gordon Williams, 58, of Llanafan, near Aberystwyth, west Wales, was on the way to buy teabags for his wife when he incurred the on-the-spot fine.

He claims the van is insured as a private vehicle and he only uses it to travel between jobs. He has lodged an appeal with Ceredigion county council.

"Of course there are tools and things in the van, but a barrister would carry about documents in a briefcase in his own car. This is no different to my mind," he said.

A passenger in his van, who had also just lit up, received a £30 fixed penalty notice as well.

A spokesman for Ceredigion county council said that it would be inappropriate to comment on individual cases.
:face:

"Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!" (From my favorite treatise on feudalism.)

Sounds more like Totalitarianism to me. A van is an office because We say it is; 2+2=5.

At least in Feudalism, the liege lord had an obligation to protect his serfs, in exchange for their ceaseless and unquestioning toil. Or more cynically, the lord wouldn't really care what the serfs did with their free time, as long as they show up for work.

Whatever politics this case in point falls under, it's still bloody ridiculous, of course.

Doc Manhattan":utm8utnh said:
Whatever politics this case in point falls under, it's still bloody ridiculous, of course.
Agreed. I'm just waiting for that mentality to travel across the pond...wait...what am I writing?! It's already arrived.

There is a tobacco usage ban on school property in our community, a parent pulled her car into the parking lot to pick up her son at 5:30 pm following soccer practice and was ordered off the property by the coach because she was smoking a cigarette in her car. A clear violation of the rules and it sets a bad example for the children. Meanwhile a groundscrew member was puffing a cigar as he mowed the perimeter of the parking lot, several custodians were taking a smokebreak 40 feet from the incident, and the coach dropped a can of skoal out of his pocket while finding a pen to write down the womans name. Clearly she has no regard for the law.

mark":vnsq876k said:
There is a tobacco usage ban on school property in our community, a parent pulled her car into the parking lot to pick up her son at 5:30 pm following soccer practice and was ordered off the property by the coach because she was smoking a cigarette in her car. A clear violation of the rules and it sets a bad example for the children. Meanwhile a groundscrew member was puffing a cigar as he mowed the perimeter of the parking lot, several custodians were taking a smokebreak 40 feet from the incident, and the coach dropped a can of skoal out of his pocket while finding a pen to write down the womans name. Clearly she has no regard for the law.
Indeed. She needs 20 lashings as well.