Welcome!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Welcome to the the Perfect Straightgrain! This forum was created for the folks here who smoke and collect ultra high grade pipes as well as for those folks who cellar and collect well aged premium tobacco. Fill up your Jody Davis, JT Cooke or Alex Florov and stay a while. Let's hear what you like best about your favorite maker's pipes, your recent aquisitions and your future pipe buying plans...

Over the last few years the label of "elietist" has been slapped on those in our hobby who smoke the more expensive pipes. Sadly, not all collectors are comfortable on various pipe boards because of this. Here those collectors will find a place to call home....

Thank You for putting this in!!! Even tho I cannot buy highgrades living off SS and what little is left from the life insurance I just won't have any money. I do hope to learn a lot from here and maybe use it if the time comes. Who knows what the future holds........

Thanks for this opportunity to explore this region of fine pipes. I've enjoyed Danes since the early 70s and recently returned to them with a vengeance. Now I find that I am only beginning to learn more about the select makers. For instance, I recently acquired a W.O Larsen (unsmoked) that must have been among the last they produced. I'm told it's likely a Lasse Skovgaard, but it's design looks quite similar to pipes I have seen by his father, Benni Jorgensen, who also was producing for Larsen before it shut operations. Anyway, the reason I am posting this is to learn more about the little pipe-smoker-in-an-easychair logo on the bottom of the stem shank. What can you tell me about the origin and significance of that motif?

Decided to cellar some Billy Bud favorite blend right now. We'll see what happens. I would also like to mention I have been doing the same with my hydroponic tobacco need a name for my blend any thoughts?

Put away a jar of black jack tobacco. From sterling tobacco co. I hope to hit ten years with her.

What a confusing zombie thread. Where did this one begin? What forum? How? :scratch: So....confusing...:no:

:( *cries in hands*

8)

Kyle Weiss":epk4bm4a said:
What a confusing zombie thread. Where did this one begin? What forum? How? :scratch: So....confusing...:no:

:( *cries in hands*

8)
You didn't get the memo? :pale:

There used to be a user group called the Straightgrains but it fizzled after a few years. It was removed by an Admin in the last restructuring of the forums to save space. I think this thread is all that remains of it now. There were only about twenty members and most of them are gone now too.

A while back there was a pretty big flareup on the board over pipe elitism and a few of the board's heavyweight collecters bailed. Now there's strict policy against pipe classism of any sort. It might seem a little silly, but people can (and have) get very offended.

Hey, nothing wrong with learning BoB history. Like many things on the Internet, I'm not surprised BoB has gone through some ups and downs (with all kinds of folks) to get where it is. You gotta have heat to make soup.

Though I am an elitist about my elitism:

"One is humble in his distinguishedness. There's no need to publicly classify the choices of others since it will not make his own any better. Those who think otherwise reek of the obvious."

8)

I plan on eating a salad for lunch today.

How 's that for an abrupt change of direction?

gravel":do1x0zxm said:

Well, obviously your salad is inferior to my straight-grain romaine Caesar.

It's kind of a confusing thread anyway, with no real redeeming qualities. Except the fun we can have with it before it gets deleted. :lol:

8)

(...or I get deleted...) *reverseragequitohno* :pale:

Kyle Weiss":jjdelwii said:
gravel":jjdelwii said:

Well, obviously your salad is inferior to my straight-grain romaine Caesar.
Oh ho Weiss! I'll see your plain ol' romaine and raise you a lovely plateau radicchio, and stunning handcut baby spinach.

Puff Daddy":ba8jioze said:
We could use a little class warfare, it's an election year.
UberHuberMan":ba8jioze said:
My girlfriend wants a new kitten.
Cats are the reason our economy tanked, our military has depleted itself in unnecessary overseas wars, and our social morality has hit an all time low. Voting for dogs will restore balance and integrity to our great nation and bring our economy back from the brink.

Well, sounds more plausible than the other political arguments I've been hearing lately.....

I like the direction this is going. Can Bub drop us a video and then let Puros chew us out?