Well aged Cumberland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail Man

Reaction score
I was able to purchase from a forum member a tin of Pease’s Cumberland with just shy of 14 years of age on it. I popped it open yesterday, and I have to say all that time in the tin has really done some amazing things to this blend! I’m not even really sure how to describe it there’s so much going on. Sweet, spicy, fruity, earthy, and in a category all its own. I thought this blend was good pretty fresh, but age really makes this blend something special.

I don’t recall Cumberland having any added booze, but I agree it’s great with age. I smoked though a tin from 02 that was fabulous. Working on a tin from 06 now.

DrumsAndBeer":u5k9z49w said:
I don’t recall Cumberland having any added booze, but I agree it’s great with age. I smoked though a tin from 02 that was fabulous. Working on a tin from 06 now.
Of course it doesn't. :lol!: I'm old and feeble. I was thinking of Barbary Coast, but the early onset dementia strikes again!

I tried it when it first came out on the market, and thought it was tasteless. I figured the tobaccos were too young. I never wrote a review of it, because I figured I needed a better read on it. Some day, maybe I'll try it again because there's no way it can be the way it was when I tried it all those years ago.

JimInks":sza5f150 said:
I tried it when it first came out on the market, and thought it was tasteless. I figured the tobaccos were too young. I never wrote a review of it, because I figured I needed a better read on it. Some day, maybe I'll try it again because there's no way it can be the way it was when I tried it all those years ago.
Well then Jim, today is your lucky day! I just happen to have some aged stuff I can send you. Fancy that!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":mjjc24yx said:
Cumberland is my second fave GLP blend next to Haddo's. And age does wunnerful things to it!

Cheers,

RR
+ 1

You have great taste my friend! ?
I am a big fan of Pease and would throw Embarcadero and Union Square in there.

They changed the cut off Cumberland recently (thinner ribbon) but for my taste buds it's a minor difference.