Well I'll be, 20 registered users. Whodahthunkit?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In total there are 37 users online :: 12 Registered, 1 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 2 Bots. Most users ever online was 251 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:24 am

Now, if we could get the 24 guests and lurkers to be active!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":droao6ps said:
Now, if we could get the 24 guests and lurkers to be active!
I did my part to convert from lurker to member. :bounce:

I managed to quit smoking a couple of years back but I still drop by..

I'm not lurking, I am; how do you say it silently browsing for Intel... LOL

D. Bear@606":issp1w1s said:
Nice.....

I did that for about a year before stepping from behind the veil....

:cheers:

Members can lurk too. I am not always signed in when I browse, so I am be a lurker from time to time. ;)

Ozark Wizard":hsgxm55a said:
D. Bear@606":hsgxm55a said:
Nice.....

I did that for about a year before stepping from behind the veil....

:cheers:
Done my fair share of lurking also. Much better to participate though, IMHO. :D

I lurk some. I post all my smokes (wish more people would in that thread) and occasionally comment or start a thread. Hope to see more participation. We could use it.

JimInks":unu76g4q said:
I lurk some. I post all my smokes (wish more people would in that thread) and occasionally comment or start a thread. Hope to see more participation. We could use it.
I try to keep up, but sometimes I think nobody wants to hear what I have to say! If I say something, I don't want to look stupid or ask a stupid question. I used to be on a forum years ago where when I posted I would get lambasted about anything I would say. I don't think that would happen here because there seems to be a special caliber of pipe smokers. That's why I like it here, much like the Cigar Weekly board I've been a member of for 17 years! I hope to be here at least that long.

Corncobcon":mmb11mwn said:
JimInks":mmb11mwn said:
I try to keep up, but sometimes I think nobody wants to hear what I have to say!  If I say something, I don't want to look stupid or ask a stupid question.  I used to be on a forum years ago where when I posted I would get  lambasted about anything I would say. I don't think that would happen here because there seems to be a special caliber of pipe smokers. That's why I like it here, much like the Cigar Weekly board I've been a member of for 17 years!  I hope to be here at least that long.
I think most people want to here what's on your mind and what you smoke. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here. Don't let the fear of asking what you consider to be "dumb" stop you from posting the question. We're here to help if we can, so don't be shy. Joining in is the best way to feel comfortable, especially when you're in a friendly forum like this one.

JimInks":rj1mvvfk said:
Corncobcon":rj1mvvfk said:
JimInks":rj1mvvfk said:
I try to keep up, but sometimes I think nobody wants to hear what I have to say!  If I say something, I don't want to look stupid or ask a stupid question.  I used to be on a forum years ago where when I posted I would get  lambasted about anything I would say. I don't think that would happen here because there seems to be a special caliber of pipe smokers. That's why I like it here, much like the Cigar Weekly board I've been a member of for 17 years!  I hope to be here at least that long.
I think most people want to hear what's on your mind and what you smoke. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here. Don't let the fear of asking what you consider to be "dumb" stop you from posting the question. We're here to help if we can, so don't be shy. Joining in is the best way to feel comfortable, especially when you're in a friendly forum like this one.
Though I don't post nearly as much as I did at one time there's hardly a day I don't read what's posted.

What Jim wrote is correct and we'll stated. The members here are very patient and very willing to answer any questions anyone asks. Unless rules were violated I've never seen anyone receive anything but a hardy welcome and be immediately considered a fellow brother. All are treated with respect including those that have just taken up the pipe to those with decades of experience. The biggest difference in this forum, that sets it apart from the rest, is that everyone is treated like a member of the family. The care and concern among the brothers is genuine. I'm often absent from posting for extended periods of time but whenever I do return I'm immediately treated as though I never left.

Corncob your posting is a welcome addition and necessary to keep this forum alive. Every member is a vital part of the forum body and necessary for the forum to function in a healthy manner. We all bring something to the table and when someone stops posting or leaves, the body suffers. You are a valuable member, and like the rest of us, you have to do your part to maintain the health of this forum body. There are no dumb questions and derogatory remarks directed towards a member is not tolerated. So please continue with your posting and don't be afraid of an onslaught of criticism. The brotherhood doesn't tolerate it. Some may have a difference of opinion and are free to post their remarks only as long as it's not a personal attack. I for one, enjoy reading your threads. I'm sure the rest of the brothers feel the same. Personally I believe that The Brothers of Briar is the best on the web. I sincerely regret that I can't post and be as active as in the past. However when I'm not able to post the rest of the body steps up and continues. You and the rest of the brothers share the load and responsibility of keeping this forum alive. :)

AJ

A.J., that is a great post and every word in it is full of truth.