Well it took 80 some-odd years to get here...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost

Reaction score
But it finally arrived. My new old BBB bulldog from sometime in the 1920s just came in the mail from smokingpipes today. I purchased it for a few reasons:

1)I have a newly discovered love for old pipes.
2)The initials on the metal band (other than the obvious BBB) are A.F.C , which is for Adolph Frankau Company I believe. These just so happen to be my initials also! (Awesome)
3) It fits into my rough overall plans for my growing collection, or at least will eventually.

The pipe overall and particularly the bowl is super tiny with pretty thin walls so I will have to smoke carefully and gently if at all, but overall seems to be in pretty workable condition for a pipe this old.

I am super stoked :cheers: :bom: :face: :!: :D

I have a BBB from the same era, small bowl with thin walls like yours. If my experience is any guide it will be a great smoker. Enjoy it in good health!

Way to go, those oldies are guarenteed to be made of "aged" briar, should be a good smoker. Nice classic shape as well.

It's beauty. You've really got to smoke it - that's what they were made for.

Oh I'ma gonna smokit. I just have to figure out which tobacco I think it might like ;)

Hey Frosty!!! This baby was made for English/Balkan blends. Put some good lat-weed blend in that thing and enjoy it!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

That little bastard stole my pipe!

Seriously though, neat pic. The pipe smokes pretty good. So far I've only been able to smoke it twice, but enjoyed both smokes with some of boswell's northwoods each time...I've been away on a training trip for work. I've been looking for a latakia blend to fall in love with and haven't found it yet, but once I do I will probably smoke it in this pipe since I usually like my lat in smallish doses at the end of the day.