Well, there goes my promise to not buy any more tobacco!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
A while back I calculated how much tobacco I smoke in a year and how long I think I'll live, and I have well over double what I will ever smoke in my life (not that I'm rich and loaded with high-end tobacco mind you, but rather that I'm old and plan to expire in the not too distant future :lol: ). So I promised myself that I won't need to buy any more tobacco in my life, and if I see a new blend or my tastes change and I suddenly crave a supply of a blend I don't have, I intended to traded some of my aged stash rather than shelling out my money.

Well, along comes that evil pusher-man (hiding under the name of Blackhorse, and "black" is sole truly is!) and he sends me a sample of something to try. Well, after a few "free" bowls (they always hook you on the free stuff, don't they?) I was in a trance and without realizing what was happening I had ordered a pound of Oriental Dusk and another of Beck's 'Ol Limey Bastard. I hadn't intended to buy the second pound, but the shipping was the same, so it was a deal (I think the tobacco shops are in cahoots with the pushers!) and I felt I had to do it.

Now I'm so ashamed of myself, I think I'll just go out on the porch and smoke a bowl of each, hiding my shame beneath a thick cloud of smoke. I am a weak, weak man.....

Natch

Nice. Buying tobacco always feels right to me, even if I'll never have time to smoke it all. It makes me happy.

I love Beck's Ol' Limey. & Oriental Dusk is fast becoming one of my favorite tobaccos to smoke.

This iis why I've bought in bulk the past several decades. I once calculated that I have enough pipes to last me until I'm 225 and sufficient pipeweed until I'm 175. So just to be on the safe side I've added two estate refurbs, an Upshall and a Ferndown, and a pound of McC Fragrant Flake for aging. A man my age can't take his supply of modest comforts for granted. It's nice to sit by the sea of an evening enjoying a bowl of aged 965 in veddy Briddish briar.

Natch...I feel terrible about leading you into doing something you hadn't intended and deeply regret! I think the only fair thing is for you to send that first pound, the Oriental Dusk, to me ASAP. That way the Beck's won't be that second unintended pound any longer and both of us will feel a whole lot better.

Really though, that's some seriously excellent tobacco isn't it? I thought Storm Front was John's great gift to the pipe guys of the world that enjoyed REAL tobacco...but I've got the Oriental Dusk on my top rung now. And it's likely to soon be replaced by Crossroads...which John listed as his favorite Oriental blend in the recent newbie tobacco suggestions thing here. It'll be up soon for all to see.

And Natch...did you see the post I did about the component swap order I did with the 'Soulmate's Kiss" blend of John's? I had Rich delete the Latakia and replace it with Cigar Leaf! Knowing the way John blends and the tobaccos that are in that one, it's GOT to be a winner!

Um...maybe you'd like a few "samples"! 8)

PSSSST,,,HEY YOU,,,,YEAH, YOU,,,,,here, try summa this stuff,,,it'll knock yer socks off

PUSHERS! :lol:

We're going to have to start a support group, Brothers Against the Disorders... BAD! Yeah, I like that! :lol:

Dang it all, y'all just keep having me put more and more stuff on my "To-Buy" list. Oriental Dusk, Navigator, Sextant, and Ol Limey are all on the list now. I had forgotten about Ol Limey. I really need to stopping getting on BoB, darn you all, but this place is addictive.

If you have baccys in your stash that you don't see yourself going through in the next 20 years (that'll get you to age 81), then sell off a portion of it to make room for new purchases.

Simple Man":lhdlg7t6 said:
PUSHERS! :lol:

We're going to have to start a support group, Brothers Against the Disorders... BAD! Yeah, I like that! :lol:
I'm going to start an advocacy group to fight your fight against this disorder. I'll call mine BFD. :lol: