Western WA becomes an island...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
Well after record snows the weather warmed up and it started raining like crazy causing flooding everywhere. I-5 is closed about five exits south of me, all the mountain passes are closed from heavy snow so heading West is out of the question. I-5 is also closed about 100 miles North. Not to mention all the closed side roads. Glad I'm not waiting on any pipe shipments. :lol:

I was just outside watching the slow ploughs and smoking my pipe. My neighbour drove up and said, "This is better than what they are getting in Washington State." You're the talked of our neighbour. ;)

My niece moved to Seattle in November. A big reason was to escape the tornadoes and severe thunderstorms of the Great Plains. (She lived near Kansas City).

Applicable principle: Climate is what you expect; weather is what you get.

I've lived here about 20 years now and this has been the worst weather I've seen. Still beats the hell out of other places I've lived though. Of course I'm not one of the people who's house is flooded right now.