Westmoreland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gospelman

Reaction score
I recently purchased some Westmoreland from Knox, and I find it to be pretty tasty. Not enough latakia for my liking, though. I really taste the Virginia more than the latweed.

I actually thought I was getting Commonwealth, but when I got home I saw that Jared had written Westmoreland on the bag. Oh well, no matter. I intend to try Commonwealth too.

I have just gotten into the Sam Gawith offerings. I really enjoy Squadron Leader (currently trying to build a stash).

Any thoughts on Commonwealth or Westmoreland?

Mike

Hi Gospelman,

I really like Westmoreland. I think it is a real classic English blend. I haven't tried Commonwealth, so I can't help you there. Another one to finally get around to trying.

I like Squadron leader, with some age and dried out some. But I like Westmoreland better.

Cheers,

TC

Thanks Tom...

I'm becoming more fond of Westmoreland the more I smoke it. I do like a little more latakia than it has, though...but it's really a flavorful smoke.

To me, however, Greg's Westminster is absolutely one of the finest English blends around today. Perfect balance of flavors, and if he was successful in re-creating the old London Mixture, I take my hat off to him. I never got a chance to try the original Dunhill LM, but I like the current incarnation pretty well.

Mike