What’s your favorite cutter style?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have to put that on my Christmas list then. I’ve always thought they looked classy and a bit more sophisticated. And who doesn’t love new gadgets?

As for that Swiss Army knife. I knew they existed, but have never seen one in a store. Did you get that online, or just someplace in your travels?

Online...of course.

From an online source...it’s retired...but there are ones with the traditional red handle out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Cigar-Knife/dp/B00IIEFGXG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1543788908&sr=8-4&keywords=victorinox+cigar+knife

“The Wenger Stainless Steel Cigar Cutter is a retired, pocket-sized 85mm Swiss Army knife with a stainless steel body and a special tool designed for cutting cigar ends. It's a rather cool implement that is also very popular among collectors, even if they don't smoke cigars!

SIZE & WEIGHT: The Wenger stainless steel Cigar Cutter knife is 85mm (3 1/4") long, 28mm (1.1") wide, and 15mm (5/8") thick. It weighs about 93.5 grams (3.3 oz)”

The Colibri V-Cut is my main cutter and a plastic guillotine cutter with a back-plate is left in the truck.

BriarBeagle":ogb5gf7g said:
This is my favorite cigar cutter style...

FYI, the blond version also works well ;)
I say. Ding dong.

Have we been introduced?

I was at an Avo event and Avo's grandson was giving a presentation about cutting cigars. We lit a cigar first with a punch. After smoking for a few minutes he told us to cut with the V cutter. After smoking for a few minutes he told us to now do a straight cut on the same cigar. It was amazing how different the same cigar tasted just by cut alone.

That’s really interesting, I may have to try that. So, which cut did you find offered the best flavor?