What a birthday gift

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Spirit

Reaction score
I just had the most scrummy email of my life, a very dear friend of mine who wishes to remain nameless has told me to expect a delivery later today, I really was gob smacked when I got his message, this is absolutely mind blowing AWESOME, I am getting the Axminster Bench Drill Press I wanted to get, and I'm getting it as a birthday present, and there was me feeling all sorry for myself earlier because I didn't get any pressies, yeah I know, stop whining ya big girly, well I aint whining now, this is the most amazing news, I feel like a little kid expecting santa or something,

WOOOHOOO, I'm getting a drill press

it's really going to happen, I'm going to be able to drill my own pipes instead of relying on other people, oh boy, this is superbly awesomely fantastic, I am so happy I could cry. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

What a great gift! Congratulations :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Kirk Fitzgerald":44sasaa5 said:
I just had the most scrummy email of my life, a very dear friend of mine who wishes to remain nameless has told me to expect a delivery later today, I really was gob smacked when I got his message, this is absolutely mind blowing AWESOME, I am getting the Axminster Bench Drill Press I wanted to get, and I'm getting it as a birthday present, and there was me feeling all sorry for myself earlier because I didn't get any pressies, yeah I know, stop whining ya big girly, well I aint whining now, this is the most amazing news, I feel like a little kid expecting santa or something,

WOOOHOOO, I'm getting a drill press

it's really going to happen, I'm going to be able to drill my own pipes instead of relying on other people, oh boy, this is superbly awesomely fantastic, I am so happy I could cry. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
Well make sure you've wiped the tears from your eyes BEFORE you drill the bowl/air hole !! :twisted: :twisted:  This couldn't have happened to a more deserving person! Always remember what Mick said: "... you don't always get whet you want, but you get what you NEED " :p 

Helluva birthday present Kirk. Congratulations and kudos to the anonymous santa.

That was very generous, I hope it serves you well sir.

Thanks guys, I feel all happy and excited, I aint never had such a lavish birthday gift bestowed upon me, I'm going to really enjoy using it, I can feel it in me bones. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Blimey, it's HERE :cheers: :cheers:  , it's HUGE, I am going to spend some time setting this up later today, oh boy it's HEAVY, I can't believe it's really here and so early, it all begins today, beware fellow pipesters, I'm going to be drilling Briar soon, scary concept eh, me being let loose on Briar properly, mwahahahaha.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Congrats Kirk, that drill press will come in handy in helping you craft some precision briar pipes! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have a feeling that any number of pipes will now come from the hands of your amped toolbox. Congratulations and happy birthday!

That's way cool for you and for the gifter. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

To paraphrase:

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching a briar block out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, splatting it against the freshly-stained pipes you were drying.

Kirk Fitzgerald":sslxjwma said:
Blimey, it's HERE :cheers: :cheers:  , it's HUGE, I am going to spend some time setting this up later today, oh boy it's HEAVY, I can't believe it's really here and so early, it all begins today, beware fellow pipesters, I'm going to be drilling Briar soon, scary concept eh, me being let loose on Briar properly, mwahahahaha.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
I'm eagerly anticipating some beautiful briar. When you get a moment, lets see some pictures of this thing!

And p.s. as a big girly myself, I take offense to your whining like one! :p I'm just teasin' you dahling.

RonA3597":ibufzneg said:
That's way cool for you and for the gifter.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

To paraphrase:

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching a briar block out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, splatting it against the freshly-stained pipes you were drying.
haha!

What a generous gift! Put it to good use Kirk!

Gratz Kirk glad to see you catching a break brother! Hope it brings many fine pipes from your hand in the future. :D 

What a break for you Kirk! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for you to get it up and running

Jim