What a neat surprise!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
In talking with Dock Perry about S Bang pipes he inquired as to whether or not I got a leather pipe sock with my Bang. I did not as I bought mine on the estate market and the seller was not including the sock with the sale. A package arrived today containing not only a genuine leather S Bang pipe sock, but a full tin of my favorite tobacco, a very nice old fashioned post card showing a Lucky Strike ad - a couple of guys tieing up tobacco leaves to be hung and dried - and a couple of samples of tobacco from Chief Catoonah tobacconists :D :santa:

Thanks a lot Dock, that was a very nice thing you did there 8)

Top drawer stuff, Dock. Thanks for letting us in on this very generous act, JD. Very cool!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I've searched high and low to find a bag for my little Castello billiard. Sadly, I've been forced to store it in a woolen mitten, handed down from three little kittens... actually, they lost them, but it's finders-keepers where I grew up. The thread-bare mitten does serve to shelter the poor little thing from the elements, if poorly, and frees up the other to serve as protection for my frost-bitten fingers as I chop wood to provide warmth for neighborhood orphans. Speaking of orphans, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to be so generous as to send me a Castello sock, free of charge, even if it is the season of giving, but if anyone should know of a stray in need of a new home... well, I'm sure the kids won't mind breaking into their piggy banks to provide me an ice-cold six-pack of.... er, I mean, to provide a nice, new warm home for Cat-sello... that's their nick-name for the pipe.... cute, huh?

Anyway, Happy Holidays, all!

PM me your addy Gate and I'll shoot a Castello box and sock your way!

Greatwheel,

How bout some cheese and crackers to go along with that whine?

Nice play!

My poor little orphan Castello lives in mitten. :lol!:

Daddy.... (yeah, I know, scary thought, huh?)....

It was very generous of you to offer the Castello sock and box to me, and I should have expected no less. It was also very stupid of me to post that little flight of fantasy without identifying it as a joke, and not an earnest request. I really do appreciate the spirit in which the offer was made... that means more to me than the pipe sock ever would have... but I was going to list the pipe on e-Bay in the next couple of weeks, anyway.... it's a very nice pipe, but it smokes too much like a..... Dunhill.

Thanks again, and I'll try to make my dumbass-ness less ambiguous in the future.... if that's possible.

:gatewheel:

ROTFLMAO!

Guilty as charged, your Honor! I knew them law-dogs was coming... just a matter of when they'd catch up to me!

gatewheel":8h1yfov5 said:
but I was going to list the pipe on e-Bay in the next couple of weeks, anyway....
There goes my grand plan of embossing the Castello castle logo onto a Trojan :affraid: It would have been such a fitting (pun?) sock for our mr Gate to be carrying his pipe around it :lol:

Hey lady, c'mere, check this out :shock:

That's friggin' hilarious, PD!

It would have been cool to show off my high-grade wood in that fancy custom-made Castello sock, but that would have surely sealed the Castello's fate as e-Bay material... 'cause I damned sure ain't smokin' nothin' that's been in a Trojan.... I don't care how high-grade it is.... no way, no how!

Just remember that you'd have to give full disclosure on your auction :lol:

Puff Daddy":ouxrcrjz said:
In talking with Dock Perry about S Bang pipes he inquired as to whether or not I got a leather pipe sock with my Bang. I did not as I bought mine on the estate market and the seller was not including the sock with the sale. A package arrived today containing not only a genuine leather S Bang pipe sock, but a full tin of my favorite tobacco, a very nice old fashioned post card showing a Lucky Strike ad - a couple of guys tieing up tobacco leaves to be hung and dried - and a couple of samples of tobacco from Chief Catoonah tobacconists :D :santa:

Thanks a lot Dock, that was a very nice thing you did there 8)
It was my absolute pleasure P. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Puff Daddy":nzlpcrt2 said:
Just remember that you'd have to give full disclosure on your auction
Such as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The contents of this sock are the works of a :pirat: and therefore not fit for consumption.

:king: