what a week

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
what a week brothers. friday (a week from yesterday) i get a call telling e i'm getting demoted back into my old position.
two days ago, i get a call that my brother who narrow escaped jail a few months ago, decided to steal my moms car and crashed it AGAIN. now he will be in jail for probably a year. and then today, my fiance gets let go from our place of work (we work for the same company, it's how we met).

well, at least i still have a job, and she will land on her feet. she has a great resume. worst comes to worst, we get married in less than three months and we will probably have enough to pay the bills from that, with her being Italian. also good thing i picked up a bunch of new tobaccos to try to keep my need for TAD down a bit :D 

so i won't be buying the lathe yet, but at least we are safe and healthy! chin up!

Sheesh, when it rains it really does pour down don't it,I hope your good lady finds a place of employment without too much time out, be thinking of you my friend, keep us posted. :heart: 

"Temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement."

Onward & Upward, sdj ! ;) 

:face: 

Yak":w61qb84y said:

Onward & Upward, sdj !  ;) 

:face: 
 Couldn't say it better than that....you will endure and come up better for this inconvenience....cause you have a really big family here at BoB.

Oh the curveballs life enjoys throwing at us. Hope things work out well for you guys. I'll keep ya'll in my thoughts and prayers.

That's a miserable and bumpy road you're on. It may be hard to realize now but you'll see that the road will carry you to better times if you can hold it between the ditches and don't let it wreck your self confidence. You seem to be the type of man that will set a goal and then give whatever it takes to achieve it. Take inventory of your assets, develop a plan, and work the plan. Not always easy but you'll be stronger and have more self confidence at the end of this trial. There's no doubt in my mind that you will accomplish whatever you set out to accomplish. For you failure is not an option.

AJ

Thank you all for the kind words. Sounds weird but I do feel like I have a big family here. NF that support means a lot to me. This community is better than any other I've been part of. Really, thank you for the support.

Yak":430diyu9 said:
I'm gonna put that one in MY pocket, too, if that's okay.

SDJ, it seems the sh!tstorms have upgraded to laser-guided accuracy.   Layer up on ponchos, my friend.   I'd lend you mine, but they're all in use at the moment, as well.  :|

Keep us updated, feel free to vent, and use BoB as a distraction.   :heart: (...why do you think I spend so much time here...)  

8)

Sir,

Find comfort in those you love, strength in yourself, and enjoy the new opportunities that you will find presented to you with time.

Your posts are intelligent and relevant. You obviously have a good mind about you. It will serve you well.

Cheers!

thank you all for the kind words. this community always makes my days better.

update: the fiance has an interview tomorrow with The North Face. also she was contacted by Adidas in Portland! I've always wanted to move to Portland, i like that city.

somedumbjerk":8da6loh8 said:
thank you all for the kind words. this community always makes my days better.

update: the fiance has an interview tomorrow with The North Face. also she was contacted by Adidas in Portland! I've always wanted to move to Portland, i like that city.
Good to hear some things are looking up SDJ! Gook luck to your fiance with that.

Positive thoughts coming yall's way for the future !! Hang in there :p :p