What are you drinking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
itsKot":ntw4nueu said:
Greenleaf":ntw4nueu said:
Just had a couple longnecks of Shiner Bock, made here in Texas. I hear they've got a Christmas variety out, which I must try. Finally something I might like about the holidays.
Fellow Texan and shiner lover here! If you like shiner you should check out their hefeweizen, very refreshing. I know if some people catch me saying this I'll get shot, but I think its far and away the best of their lineup.
That hefeweizen is great, but their dunkelweizen would be my favorite.

Sorry to hear that about Pennsylvania, Dallas just now made it legal to sell beer and wine throughout the city, but liquor is still only in restricted areas,. All the 'burbs have beer and wine, the suburb of Addison has it all. I'm lucky enough to live in walking distance of two different suburbs, and Addison is just a quick bus ride away.

Just had a bourbon and water (no sugar for iced tea).

Now, Cutty Sark, straight up with my after lunch smoke. It's my night off, gotta enjoy it.

I recently tried this Avery Brewing Co. India Pale Ale which I found to be especially delicious to sip on whilst smoking my favourite pipe. The store I found it at is about 35 miles from my house, so I should start looking around to see if I can get it locally.

Feeling under the weather and I've been up all night, so I fixed myself a hot toddy with Celtic Crossing. I really screwed it up though...the tea is too weak and I put in too much honey. At least I got the hot part right :x

Greenleaf":d0u68f4e said:
itsKot":d0u68f4e said:
Greenleaf":d0u68f4e said:
Just had a couple longnecks of Shiner Bock, made here in Texas. I hear they've got a Christmas variety out, which I must try. Finally something I might like about the holidays.
Fellow Texan and shiner lover here! If you like shiner you should check out their hefeweizen, very refreshing. I know if some people catch me saying this I'll get shot, but I think its far and away the best of their lineup.
That hefeweizen is great, but their dunkelweizen would be my favorite.

Sorry to hear that about Pennsylvania, Dallas just now made it legal to sell beer and wine throughout the city, but liquor is still only in restricted areas,. All the 'burbs have beer and wine, the suburb of Addison has it all. I'm lucky enough to live in walking distance of two different suburbs, and Addison is just a quick bus ride away.
Assuming you haven't already been, I'd like to suggest you fellers pay a visit to Rahr and Sons Brewing the next time you find yourselves in the Fort Worth area. Excellent ales and lagers. I just did a tour/tasting over xmas. Good stuff!

Right now sipping on Jameson's neat while working through a six-pack of Shock Top. Both are pretty good (Shock Top reminds me a lot of the Hefeweizens I drank in Germany), but the combo is definitely strange. I just bought the whiskey yesterday for the first time, and it's not disappointing. :)

My "Pirate's Breakfast" cocktail:
1 bottle of Guinness Stout
2 oz. spiced rum (Cruzan, in this case)
1 oz. whisky (whiskey, in this case: the last of my Powers Gold Label)

For more "authenticity," drink it hot. However, today looks like a muggy, August day; I'm drinking it cold.

Before anyone asks, no, this is not how I typically start my day. It's just that it's going to be a bit of a long weekend, this time.

Pyrat Rum XO Reserve which is exceptionally smooth......

Looks like hottish late summer day, and I'm drinking a greyhound variation that someone calls a Friskt Normansson:
2 oz. vodka
1 oz. grapefruit juice
1/2 oz. creme de cassis

on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass

Now I'm commiserating Somerset's loss in the T20 final with a double Cuba Libre on the rocks, inspired by NeroWolfe's recent post in the Rum anyone? thread.

3 oz. Pyrat Rum
1/2 oz. lime juice
12 oz. cola

12 oz. soda water
8 oz. grapefruit juice
1/2 oz. grenadine

The grenadine is all of 5 proof, so sure, I'll call it an alcoholic beverage! I'm just recovering from a long weekend and the only reason I'm not going to say that I can't wait for Monday is that I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet pipe tonight. In fact, I'm deliberating right now which of my TAD attack I should open for the occasion.

Happy September! At this rate, the thread will become my personal drinking blog. Right now, I've just prepared an Antibes on the rocks while my brain does double duty pondering my next smoke and quietly wishing I could write, or maybe think, like some of my favorite authors.

Antibes
2 oz. gin
2 1/2 oz. grapefruit juice
3/4 oz. Benedictine

Three fingers of Old Granddad and an ice cube,,,,,