What are you going to buy this year?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
I would like to hear what you guys intend to commission or buy this year pipe wise. Is there a pipe you have always wanted and this is the year you finally get it, or are you going to commission something nice for yourself?

vaperfavour":ziofrlm2 said:
I would like to hear what you guys intend to commission or buy this year pipe wise. Is there a pipe you have always wanted and this is the year you finally get it, or are you going to commission something nice for yourself?
I'm sure you'll see many a pipe obtained this year as I've taken on a second job that will fund my lust for pipe buying. I'm scared of having extremely high end pipes for fear of wrecking them, so for every four or five I buy, I may invest in a higher price point. These two weeks have brought me a stubby Cavicchi sandblasted apple, a Radice Bulldog a very stress inducing Peterson Rosslare (03), a Bjarne that I have since returned and an incoming sandblasted Savinelli Nonpariel in an unusual acorn shape. My next pipe is gonna be another biggy I hope. Probably something from Ardor. Currently eye-balling a few calabash shapes of theirs, some freehand's are really catching my attention as well. As usual, my brothers are the first to hear about them.

Added: I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for a really sexy pipe rack or cabinet, my current stand will find itself to be full very shortly.

As far as pipes go, im lookin to grab me a blasted long shanked dublin with a plateau rim. Havent decided where or who it will come from yet th since there are several guys doing fantastic blasting and carving these days.

Other than that, i dono. I have general ideas and a few specific ones of shapes and makers whos pipes i want...heeschen, ruthenberg, weaver, chheda, becker, Askwith, Davis, lasse, Sas,...blah blah blah. But actual purchases are usually a fairly impulsive and spur of the moment thing for me so there is no way to really predict. Ill know em when i see em tho.

Frost":rkul8i5s said:
As far as pipes go, im lookin to grab me a blasted long shanked dublin with a plateau rim. Havent decided where or who it will come from yet th since there are several guys doing fantastic blasting and carving these days.

Other than that, i dono. I have general ideas and a few specific ones of shapes and makers whos pipes i want...heeschen, ruthenberg, weaver, chheda, becker, Askwith, Davis, lasse, Sas,...blah blah blah. But actual purchases are usually a fairly impulsive and spur of the moment thing for me so there is no way to really predict. Ill know em when i see em tho.
Amen to the impulse buys, I want one thing all month, come time to buy I see another pipe last minute and BAM, it's mine, leaving the previously desired pipe in the dust, for the time being.

Lately I've been trying to find a decent cutty, lately that shape has really interested me. It's many iterations fascinate me to no end, though I think I'm rather picky when it comes to them. That plus it'll be a departure from my collection of somewhat of a streamlined fashion, something with a bit more flare. I stumbled across this photo lord knows where and I immediately imagined it with the addition of a nice spur, see what you think yourself.

vaperfavour":g2dc0r66 said:
Hermit, I tell myself the same thing with every purchase..... :D
Dito, "Okay, THIS is my last one for a while". I'm so good at fooling myself.

I am intending to purchase a Blakemar pipe in the near future.

I'm still sort of on the fence, but I might buy my first pipe this year... :)

I'm coming up soon on Mark Balkovec's waiting list, and I think I'm going to go with a large bowled cutty nosewarmer and leave the rest up to him.

I would also love to score one of Larry Roush's works of art this year, but they go very quickly.

Kyle Weiss":m0krhzyr said:
A classic Rad Davis blast and a tNd blowfish of some type.
I support this! ^

I've already been on a tear this year, so I'm going to try to slow down... at least until the Chicago show. :p

That being said, I've got a pending commission with JSEC which I'm pretty excited about and I'm on the list for Wayne Teipen, assuming he jotted my name down. ;)

So far this year, I've picked up an Andrew Staples Bulldog, a no-name Calabash, a Boswell, a Love Geiger Poker (pictures once I receive the pipe... oh hell, here's a link), and I nabbed my first Rad Davis Sandblast in December. Plus lots of tobacco... so... yeah, definitely slowing down for a while. :p

itsKot":lblw85nr said:
Lately I've been trying to find a decent cutty, lately that shape has really interested me. It's many iterations fascinate me to no end, though I think I'm rather picky when it comes to them. That plus it'll be a departure from my collection of somewhat of a streamlined fashion, something with a bit more flare. I stumbled across this photo lord knows where and I immediately imagined it with the addition of a nice spur, see what you think yourself.

There is currently a Cavicchi on Marty Pulver's site that may be of interest to you. For some reason, he calls it a churchwarden, apparently because of the spur. I almost bought it myself, then a rare wave of sanity washed over me. Nice piece, though. I was gonna post a pic, but somehow lost it.

Nothing exotic or expensive. Just the everyday variety. Nording bent ball, Winslow smooth calabash, and Savinelli Pisa churchwarden (or possibly Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson). This wish list is subject to change.

I'm hoping to pick up a new Boswell sometime this year. It will be my first Boswell. :bounce:

With over 80 pipes and at my age, I don't plan any new pipes in the coming year! Tobacco though is another matter! :p But i can't say I would not turn down a REAL DEAL, especially in a Bulldog or Pot :p